Chapter 4 Planks Ahoy!

Screaming, agony and despair. I see blood and lots of people. A voice whispers in my ear. "This is your destiny." I start falling, I begin crying everyone is screaming my name and throwing rocks. They all hate me, why?
I reach for a hand to help me, but no hand reaches back. I'm left falling into the abyss.

I sit up breathing deeply, freaking out. It was a dream. The dream is fading from my memory as I got up and started the coffee maker. I go to my closet and choose an outfit. Then I look in the mirror. Why would I die? Why was I so bloody? And who was throwing rocks?
"Why are you so pretty?" Michael is standing in the doorway and I fall against the wall from shock. I breathe.
"Michael, you freaked me out!" Ella said. She stood up and walked over to him and flicked his ear. "Ready for out walk?"
He nodded smiling. Ella slipped on her shoes and he grabbed his long coat.

They sat down in a bench in the park in front of their under-construction penthouse. Michael smiled up at it, " I can't wait to live in it. It's always been a dream of mine. To have a girl,and a big house for my friends and Mum."
Ella giggled.
"What?" Michael looked over, his brilliant green eyes showed nothing but concern. "I thought you were used to my accent. Geez Ella, I've been with you for a year and a half now. Your still giggling at my accent?" He looked at his hands in his lap.
Ella snorted. "No, I know about your accent. I love it. That's why I laugh. You've never told me it was offensive. Sorry."
Michael rolled his eyes. He smiled, "I like your accent too."
They both laughed together. Michael got up and ran to the fountain. He stood on the curb of it beckoning Ella to chase him.
"A child's game? Michael. Honestly?" Ella said.
He grinned that adorable grin. Ella had enough. She sprinted at him pushing him into the water fountain,her falling with him.
Water splashed and pigeons flew away avoiding drops of water shimmering everywhere.
Ella was laying on Michael, both of them soaked. They didn't care. Ella kissed him and pulled away. She looked around to see if anyone was watching. Michael stared at her and when she turned back around to face him his face lunged forward and they kissed tenderly. She held his cheeks in her palms and they smiled while kissing.
After they got up from the fountain they walked over to the penthouse, a crane loomed over them carrying heavy planks. Ella waved at the man working in the crane. The man working in the crane waved back but lost his balance and fell onto the floor. Ella giggled and looked at Michael. Michael's face freaked Ella out.
"What's wrong?"
He just stared up. Staring at the planks from the crane falling down. He pushed me aside and the planks crashed down where I once stood. The crane man must've hit a button when he fell.
I skinned my knees and palms and looked back at the fallen planks. I sighed then gasped. Then horror gripped me.