Chapter 9 They think I killed Him???

Ella pulled into the parking lot of the apartments and took out the keys. She sighed. She had just come back from hanging out with Ashton. They went to see a movie and they spilled popcorn everywhere. All Ashton did was laugh while Ella through popcorn at the people around them. "You dropped your popcorn." She'd say. When they left Ashton gave Ella a big bear hug and left. Ella walked to her car and found a cigarette in her glove box. What on Earth? She drove home thinking about all the people who used her car. She definitely didn't smoke, but no one except Calum used her car. She shook away the thought and new Calum would light a cigarette and put it to his lips...
She unlocked the apartment to hear the fire alarm going off and A bright light coming from the kitchen. "Calum!" She yelled his name. A whimper answered her call. She moved a cupboard that fell on Calum and pulled him out and dragged him to the door. She grabbed the fire extinguisher and ran to the kitchen. The fore was out within a few moments and maybe the neighbors called the firemen. All Ella remembered before fainting was the word cigarette.

Ella woke up in the hospital. Again. She sat up and the doctor leaned forward and put a hand up to her shoulder to slow her. "Take it easy Miss Hood."
Ella shook her head. Hood? I never remember marrying Calum. Calum! "Is he okay!?" He's fine, just a few burns and shattered some ribs. He'll make it thanks to you." The doctor left and a few moments later Ashton and Luke came in. "How ya doing shorty?"
I looked at their shoes. "Lemme see my phone."
Ashton grabbed Ella's phone off the counter and began handing it to Ella when- SMASH!
Luke slapped it out of Ashton's hand and it crashed into a million pieces on the floor. Ella raised a hand to slap Luke but she couldn't bring herself to do it. She slapped the bed instead. "I already know they think I killed him! Do they know he's alive? Do they?!"
Ashton and Luke looked at each other and the doctor came in. "Time's up boys. Visiting hours are over." He held the door for them as they hung their heads and walked out.