Chapter 16

Matapos ng nangyari,  di na ako nag-abalang bumalik pa sa klase at umuwi nalang.

I spend the rest of the day examining the dagger that was left behind.

May bahid ito ng lason kaya nagpapasalamat akong hindi nasugatan nito. The handle of the dagger had a symbol too. It bears the symbol of the zodiac sign Gemini.

I was distracted for my thoughts by a knock on my door.

"Come in, it's open"

Sebastian's head peeked through the door.

"Milady, you have a visitor, Raven daw po ang pangalan, she's in the living room right now"

I got up from the bed and went to the living room. Ano namang ginagawa ng babaeng iyon dito?

This is the first time na pumunta siya sa bahay ko.

She was sitting on the carpet instead of the sofa habang nilalantakan ang isang bowl ng cookies. She was oblivious of my presence until I talked.

"What do you want?" I said

"Grabe ka naman Haru-chan, matapos mo akong iwan ng walang paalam, yan agad itatanong mo? Pasalamat ka nga dinala ko yung bag mo na iniwan mo, medyo natagalan nga lang kasi binantayan ko pa si Venz hanggang maka-uwi siya. Malas pa nga at nakita niya pa ako"

"And I care because?" I said boringly

"You care because I'm your best friend at cute at mabait ako,sobrang bait to the extent na nagpakahirap ako na ihatid tong bag mo dito kahit na iniwan mo ako" she said batting her eyes and pouting her lips.

"First of all you're not my best friend and second I didn't ask you to bring my bag. "

"Sus deny ka pa, eh ako lang naman kaibigan mo eh"

That's not true

I want to say that out loud but the only thing that keeps popping on my mind is the nerd's face.

And no way I'm gonna tell that to her. So I just groaned in response.

"Shut up and get the hell out of my house."

"Hehe joke lang, ito naman di mabiro. Oo nga pala, alam mo ba na sumabog yung building kanina lang sa school, may alam ka ba don? " tanong nito tsaka subo ng isang buong cookie.

Inihagis ko ang punyal sa harap niya.

"Oh ano to? " she said

"They dropped it before they left" sabi ko

Nanlaki yung mata niya.

"You mean, you were there?No wonder nawala ka kanina"

"Yeah I fought with them but they got away"

Kinuha niya yung punyal and examined it.

"You fought with them and you didn't even told me? I was there sitting on a boring classroom while you were there having the time of your life, Grabe maguiltly ka dapat you---oh wait"

Napatingin ako sa kanya.

"What? " I asked

"If I am not mistaken, this belongs to the Menace Twins?"

"Menace twins? "

"Yeah haven't you heard of them? They're twins, identical twins to be exact. "

"Yeah, tell me about them" I said remembering their faces.

"They're known to be independent assassins, walang may hawak sa kanilang mafia clans, they maybe young pero sabi nila magaling daw and to hire them costs a fortune. Baguhan palang sila but kalat na ang reputasyon nila, they do not use guns just blades. Mahusay silang magtrabaho sa mura nilang edad. "

So someone hired them to kill someone, but bakit nila pinasabog ang building?

"I think may kinalaman to sa Yukumi Mafia again" sabi ni Raven

I nodded urging her to go on.

"Remember yung call kanina? It was from boss, sabi niya may nagpatadala na naman ng death threats, more like a warning."

"So maybe, the bombing was a warning, they're targeting the Yukumi heir" I said

"My thoughts exactly" sabi nito.

"Speaking of Venz, what where you saying earlier na nakita ka niya, so what? "

"Oh yeah, as you already know, my job is to stalk him for his protection but wala talaga siyang kaalam-alam na may natatanggap na death threats and mafia and the boss would like to keep it that way, grabe hanga na talaga ako kay boss, dakilang ama ang peg"

"and?"

"Kanina kasi sinundan ko siya pauwi, pero tumigil siya sa isang cafe, then sa park tapos department store, I didn't know na nakatunog na pala siya so to make the long story short, I was caught off-guard kaya nahuli niya ako and confronted me but lucky for me, I escaped."

"So you were saying me na nabisto ka niya, papano? "

"Di naman niya alam kung bakit ko siya sinusundan, and I was just....distracted, yeah yun nga, and besides nakatakas naman ako kaya no worries, relax, chill, ganon" she said nonchallantly

"Yeah but you do realize na nasa iisang eskwelahan lang kayo nag-aaral, and there is a hundred percent you'll bump into him again, what will you do then?"

She just shrugged.

"Nah I'll just cross the bridge when I get there"

I really can't believe this girl.

******

"Remind me again why are you here in my car and why did you left your bike 5 blocks away from the school."

We are heading to school and Raven is in shotgun annoying the hell out of me.

"Common sense naman Haru-chan alangan naman magbike ako papunta dun, imaginin mo nga may probinsyana bang naka sakay sa isang ducati?"

She do have a point there.

"Fine, but if you as much as make a sound I will throw you out of my car" singhal ko sa kanya.

"Too late for that nandito na tayo"

Pinarada ko na ang sasakyan ko.

Me and Raven walked together towards our room pero napansin kong pinagtitinginan kami ng mga tao or was it just me.

They're glaring at me. All around, I can hear murmurs .

Then out of nowhere someone yelled.

" HOY IKAW! " sigaw nito, I turned around to find Angelo, Claude and Venz.

Angelo was fuming mad and pointing me, Claude is dead emotionless, while Venz is in his usual face like there's nothing to worry about in the world.

Lumapit sila sa akin.

"Did you really fucking think you can just get away after what you did?! huh? "-Angelo

" What the heck are you talking about? "

I was puzzled by his accusation, ano na naman bang ginawa ko sa kanila?Pero kutob ko may kinalaman ito kahapon.

"What? Ngayon nagmaang maangan ka pa, I knew there was something off about you the moment you stepped into this school!" Angelo yelled quickly gathering more attention around us.

"What the heck is your problem? For the second time, what are you talking about? "

I really hate this, we are gathering a lot of attention and it's annoying.

"Don't deny it, you were the one who blew up our den!, You bitch, who sent you?"