Youngjae

Present

The boy got up pretty early and rubbed his eyes. Amber, the black luscious cat stirred at his feet. He wasn't feeling his legs. Training was hard these couple of days.

He dragged his feet on the floor and got up scratching his butt. Strolling through the bathroom, he said good morning to his mom and started brushing his teeth. It was february 9.

The date seemed odd to him now. Flashes of smiles and laughs came to his mind. He started feeling sad. If only thing would have gone different. Or better say, if only his mouth didn't talk that much back then.

Putting the brush back to it's place, he went back to the kitchen and poured himself a glass of milk.

"Are you alright baby?" his mother asked.
"Yeah mom I'm good. It's just that training is killing me these couple of months." the boy confessed.
"Well, you chose this life yourself. Now be a man and keep up to it." she retorted.
"Yeah I know. I know."

He got up and went back to the bathroom stripping on the way. During all the shower, his mind went into a turmoil of memories.

It has been what, like 2 years since they've last seen each other? Also a little less then a year since they last talked. He allowed himself to feel the emotions again and started to wonder how is Jaebum doing.

Does he miss him? Does he ever think about him? He wouldn't be surprised if the boy would never want to speak to him again. Who would after that last blunder?

Water cascaded up his head and shoulders and heartache crossed all over him. Regret was all he could think of now. But it was too late. In the end, it doesn't matter anymore.

Getting out of the shower, he shut his erratic emotions again and went to prepare his bag.

His mother is way too tired when she comes back from work to prepare everything for him. It was just the two of them. In a foreign country. They had to adjust.

Sliding his bag on his shoulder, the boy made his way to the door and got out. It was a cold, grey morning. Nothing seemed to smile. The teenage boy though the sarcastic side of life was never ending for him.

"Yo Youngjae, morning!" the others greeted him and made a place for him to sit.
"Morning shitheads. What are you doing still here? Get ready ladies! The match is about to start!" captain Youngjae commanded and started hitting the team.

They all made their way to the field and started warming up. Football was the first love of the boy. He wanted nothing more than to play with the ball all day long till he got literally physically incapacitated.

Youngjae kissed his left hand tattoo, with the name of a dear person to his heart on it and got to the center to start the match.

----------------------------------------------------------
Notice that,
IT'S FOOTBALL! NOT "AMERICAN FOOTBALL" NOT SOCCER!
FOOTBALL!!!!!
Thank you.