Jaebum #4

Present

Summer came around again. Jaebum though was feeling none of it. His uni acceptance test was right after summer. Saying he was out of his head from anxiety was an underestimation. He was exasperated. 

All day long he only ate once a decent, so to speak, meal and then after he just drank coffee or energy drinks and junk food. He wasn't really applying for the best Uni but still a lot of work had to be put for him to succeed.

Family was trying to make it easier around the house for him. Cooking something or cleaning after his mess because he wasn't really paying attention to anything. Except for his test he was oblivious to most stuff actually. He forgot about everything and everyone.

But someone wasn't really forgeting about him. Someone was excited and anxious to see him. Youngjae had been in Seoul for a week now. He knew that Jaebum was full with his tests these past few weeks and for his sake, he didn't pester him. He also made his friends tell him nothing about his arrival. The younger wanted him to know nothing and focus as much as possible.

Until the day he finally finished. Jaebum found himself in the middle of a ruckus of students, happy and cheerful. The test day was over and now they only had to wait for the results. While drinking. The whole squad who took the exam, organised a get together at a bar.

And Youngjae knew. Everyone who was part of the squad  except Jaebum, knew. They organised the get together and they were all up for the main event. Getting the main couple together. It has been a long time since they last saw each other. Mark and Jinyoung were mostly esthatic and took it on themselves to make everything work perfectly.

"Jaebum get ready! I'm coming to get you at seven ok? No excuses be ready in time!" Jinyoung hung up without letting the boy answer. "Wtf" Jaebum thought to himself "I was gonna stay in tonight. Binge eating and watching anime till dawn or something" his thoughts went on.

At exactly a quarter to seven, Jinyoung showed up and anticipating that Jaebum would try to bail, he made him get up and dressed him himself. He made him turn around 10 times in front of the mirror. When he was satisfied enough, they bid goodbye to Jaebum's family and went outside.

It was hot and Jaebum started getting hot and anxious too. For some reason he felt like all this, was kinda forced and something was boiling inside his friend's minds. But he played it out cool and went along nonetheless. They went inside and Jaebum instantly noticed it was quiet and kinda dark. All their friends were gathered at the corner.

"Yooo the last ones are here!" Bambam shouted through the noise.
"Not all of us" Junior muttered more to himself and smirked to the guys but for some kind of reason Jaebum heard him.
"Come on sit down already" they ushered the newly arrived boys to the tiny seats arranged in a sort of way to keep all of them together.
"Jinyoung what did your murmur to yourself before? I thought I heard something" the boy questioned directly.

"Hey there" a voice was heard. A melodic voice. Music to Jaebum's ears. But in this type of situation, he was more perturbed than happy.
"Youngjae" he whispered and he was well heard cause practically all eyes were on them.
"Hey Bummie" Youngjae eyed him impassively but soon showed a sad smile to him.
That got Jaebum on his feet.
"Let's go get some air shall we?" he said to Youngjae but didn't really leave him anytime to answer. Grabbing his hand, he just took him outside the bar leaving all the others behind.

"Will they be okay" Yugyeom asked to no one in particular.
"Sure they will, they always were fine if they stuck together" Mark answered and caught the staring eyes of Jinyoung.
"What about Yoojung?" he asked the older, trying to keep it lowkey.

"He doesn't matter Jinyoung! Quit fretting about it. We went through this already. He will eventually run along just like all the others did" Mark practically spat the words and his somewhat good mood, disappeared in a split second.
Jinyounh though, was more worried and didn't like the situation. Still not giving up he replied "well I sure hope Jaebum says something to Youngjae and doesn't lead him on anymore."

"Lead who on? We're talking about Jaebum here. You know that boy will never do anything to let him go. You already know what happened before with everyone else. He won't let him go. If only Youngjae was that clearheaded to see matters in another light we wouldn't be doing all this" Mark said and turned to the others, clearly closing the discussion and Jinyoung finally gave up.