Youngjae #4

Present

"Choi Youngjae!"
The coach yelled at the teenager and he scurried to him without delay.
"Sir" he bowed and waited.
"How are you doing kid? Is taking care of these bunch of wusses challenging enough for you?" he joked as always and harshly smacked his shoulder.

Youngjae could already feel his ears flamming but kept his cool.
"I'm doing my best sir, but anyway they're good kids and they learn fast so there's no problem" he finished and mumbled a silent "asshole" while the other was loudly laughing.

"Well that's good kid! Keep it up and maybe you'll see yourself under some talent recruiter soon enough" the coach said and rudely turned around making the poor boy understand that he was dismissed. Practise just started and he was already feeling annoyed.

After sweating around like a madman for 3 hours straight, he settled down on the fake grass and breathed deep. The air was thick. He could already smell the rain coming. Getting up he went to his bag and couldn't wait to get home and take a shower.
"Yo Youngjae, did ya hear?" they shouted at him as soon as he entered the changing room.
"Who the fuck are you yelling at missy?" and he grabbed the first guy that was near him putting him on a chokehold.

"Oh cmon man it's just that coach said we could take vacations from tomorrow" he replied to Youngjae and tried to release himself outta the strong captain's hold.
"He said that? he asked half whispering. "YES!" he screamed and grabbed his bag leaving the room and the others around him dumbfounded.

Youngjae practically ran home. All the straining from before was long forgotten and he felt he had something to wait for now. Going inside, he directly checked for flights to Korea. It was last minute and it sure wasn't cheap. He booked one for next week and already started feeling the dry air of Seoul. He missed it. He missed a lot of it.

Opening facebook, he opened Jaebum's profile and sent him a message.

FROM: Choi Youngjae
To: Im Jaebum

Yaaah Bummie

You found any internet source yet?

Cmooon I'm dying of boredom over here

Answer ASAP

And he sent it. He knew the boy would probably see the message later that day or maybe even some days after. Smiling he got up and felt the need to alert everyone. Grabbing his phone he called his mother.

"Hey Youngjae baby! Is anything wrong?" she asked as soon as she picked up.
"No mom nothing wrong but I have good news. Training finished today and we have a couple weeks vacation. I know I should've said something beforehand but I already booked a flight for next week" he said and waited for his mother's complaining after.

"Huh fine Youngjae do as you wish. It's your own money now after all" she sighted and Youngjae did a double take.
"Really? You're not mad?" he couldn't contain his surprise.
"Even if I was, I can't really do anything about it now. You're a grown ass man" she said with a serious tone but Youngjae felt like she was in fact just messing with him.

Ending the call he had a quick shower first and then went out. Searching for the usual payphone of the neighbourhood, he entered and dialed the number. Waiting and waiting it got 30 seconds of BEEP-ing till someone responded.

"Hello" a woman saif.
"Mrs. Tuan it's me, Youngjae. How are you?"
"Youngjae dear! Oh it's so nice to hear from you. How are you dear boy? Oh it's been so long since I last saw you. Are you coming back by any chance? I hope this is the reason you called at least" the middle aged woman continued rambling.

Nonetheless Youngjae felt happy because it reminded him of the time he used to spend at her home and the troubles he and Mark used to cause for.
"I'm good too Mrs. Tuan. And actually yeah that's why I called to tell you. Is Mark there?"
"Oh I'm afraid he went out just a while ago. But don't worry I won't tell him. Why don't you surprise everyone instead?" she gave him and idea.

Youngjae pondered the thought for a few seconds and then decided to do just that.
"Ok Mrs. Tuan I'm gonna do just that. Nice talking to you. See you in a week now. Bye!"
"Bye bye Youngjae dear. I'll make your favourite that day" and with that she finished the call.
After that the boy thought if he should tell or keep quiet with Jaebum. It has been a while since he last surprised him. The thought made him melancholic.