Jaebum #2

Notice that it's still 2012 or so. That means still no smartphones. Poor children back then used to suffer with paying precious money for credit in phones or timetables for an hour of internet on the pc with probably their parents at the back just so they could keep in touch with ppl who especially weren't even in the same country. Bare with me till further notice. This is part of the story I swear.
------------------------------------------------

Present

After school Jaebum spotted the red haired boy standing at the school entrance. Whoever saw him gawked like they've seen a ghost. It's true though, Mark was a hell of a sight.

"Yo Dumbo what's up? What brings you here?" Jaebum questioned and approached him.
"Well you know, just someone's birthday." he said evasively.
Jaebum smiled and hugged the other.

They were good friends. Since back then Mark was like the fairy godmother. He didn't let anything escape his eyes even though one could think he was quiet and wasn't even paying attention most of the time.

"So, did you do anything for your birthday this year?" Mark asked.
"Just out with the boys, nothing much you know." Jaebum said while walking back home with his friend. Their houses were close after all.

After walking a while Jaebum started feeling uncomfortable knowing that Mark was probably gonna start a debate. He knew that he wanted to make things better but Jaebum just wasn't in the mood to discuss.

"I know what you're gonna say. But don't bother. I wont back down." he said curtly.
"What do you mean?" the other feigned ignorance.
"Quit playing games with me. I've know you for a while to buy that acting."

"Jb you know I won't push it anymore. But I know what you two think. I know him like the back of my hand and I know you cause you're a stubborn mule and those kind of people are the easiest to figure out." Mark smiled.
"Yah you ass!" Jaebum smacked the back of his head and huffed.

"Never mind, just leave it alone Mark!"
Leaving the other dumbfounded Jaebum rushed forward and entered his neighbourhood. Home was probably empty at this time of the day so the boy was somewhat relieved.

He laid down to rest for an hour or so since the house was still quiet. Grabbing his precious MP3 he played those few songs he could store in it and enjoyed with a wide grin on his face. Such a simple person he was. Not much was needed to make him happy. And beeing happy like that he dozed off.

Later that night the boy got up to eat something and noticed the date. 13 february. The clock marked 23:49. And so it dawned. Jaebum felt anxious and distressed. He still refused to acknowledge that he was missing him but at this weak moment emotions won.
It was getting late also.

He went to his hyung's drawer and retrieved the old sonny ericson which was far from new and properly functioning but nevertheless it was kind of an emergency. He remembered the last time he recharged it and carefully opened it.

Keeping an eye on the phone and another on the door he punched the number he had learned by heart for quite some time now. With his heart on his mouth he waited till the connection beeped.

BEEP...
BEEP...
BEEP...
BEEP...
BEEP...
BE...

"HELLO?!"

------------------------------------------------

DUN DUN DUUUN!
lol...not funny