7-Abby

Cop uniforms adorn two CMRA agents as they drive Taylor and I home in a cruiser. When we arrive at my house they explain to my parents where I've been. Apparently I was taken for questioning and given a 500 dollar reward for the vital information I provided. My parents are skeptical at first, but as the agents create a more elaborate story they start to believe it. I can't help but feel guilty for not telling Mom and Dad what really happened, but they would just be all the more stressed out if they knew the truth. So, I keep my mouth shut as they wave me off to my room with instructions to "Go to bed; it is 2 in the morning!" but, of course, as soon as I get to my bedroom my sisters are waiting. They bombard me with a truckload of questions, all of which I don't answer.

When they finish I simply ask, "How and when can I get to New York City without Mom and Dad noticing?" They look at each other and then turn back to me.

"Why?" Sarah inquires.

"Look," I explain, holding up the locket, "Mr. Shaw said that if I can get this locket open and give him the contents, then I get into the CMRA after all..."

"Wait a second; you didn't make it?"

"Well, I had a plan. I just didn't get a chance to use it, but maybe it's for the best. I could've seriously hurt the agent playing BOB. Anyway, if I can get this locket open Mr. Shaw will let me into the CMRA, and there is a man in New York who I think can help me."

"Why? What man?" Marie probes.

"Maybe you've heard of him, Jayce Worldd," I say kind of smugly, slightly proud of myself.

Well, I am until Sarah says, "You want to see that hermit?!" in outrage.

"Yeah, Abby, I wouldn't trust him. I mean, he spends most of his time making deadly weapons," Marie tells me, "Pretty much nobody, except for Mr. Shaw, has ever met him."

"I'm sure the guy's a total wacko!" Sarah protests.

"I just thought it'd be okay since he's Levina's brother," I reply.

"What?" my sisters ask in unison, "Levina Worldd? Jayce Worldd is Levina Worldd's brother?" Marie repeats, "Wow."

"Didn't you know that?" I ask.

"We knew that she's in her brother's custody; we just didn't know who her brother was," Sarah explains.

"Well, it's her address and she gave it to me."

"I don't know, Abby. I still don't feel comfortable letting you go. What are you going to do?" Marie asks.

"I'm just going to see if any of his machines can open the locket."

Marie bites her lip. "What do you think, Sarah?"

She shrugs.

"I...I guess if you really think he can help you, we'll help you get out of the house to go, where again?"

"Manhattan," I answer vaguely for now.

"So, just to be clear, you are working solo on this mission, right?" Sarah asks.

"No, actually I'm working with Jessica...Uh, I don't know her last name."

"What does she look like?" Sarah wonders.

"Blonde hair with blue eyes," I reply.

"Anderson, ick, I feel sorry for you," Sarah tells me.

"Yeah, yeah, alright, but how do I get to New York?"