Ch. 3: Marie to the Rescue!

Chapter 3

********************************

*Marie's P.O.V.*

I blinked at Sora's device curiously, watching as the rest of the kids pulled their devices out as well. With Gomamon still slouched over in my lap contently, I decided against taking mine out, which was much different than everyone else's. If they asked, I'd just say I didn't get one.

"I still have mine too," Tai commented, pulling his from the waistband of his shorts.

"Oh, mines attached to my bag," Mimi said, raising her bag to show the device after she'd gathered all her survival items back into it.

"I have one too!" TK cheered before looking at me in confusion. "You got one too, didn't you?"

I abruptly shook my head, feeling the sting of regret pierce my heart as soon as the lie left me.

"Oh," TK said, only for me to turn away watch as the other kids studied their devices.

"This must mean something..." Izzy stated in thought before the sound of his tummy rumbling brought everyone out of their state of thought. He gave us a sheepish grin and nervously laughed. "Er, weren't we talking about food just now?"

Sora laughed but pulled open her pink fanny pack to bring out a few things. "Anyways, I was going to say that all I have are a few first aid things. Disinfectant, band-aids, and a thread and needle," Sora explained before tucking them back away.

"All I've got is my laptop and digital camera. None of them have worked since we got here though," Izzy explained, opening his bag to try switching on his computer.

"Why would you even bring a computer to summer camp anyways?" Tai asked in confusion, leaning down to look at the computer.

"What do you have?" Izzy decided to ask rather than answer Tai's question.

"Just my monocular," Tai said, pulling it out and waving it lightly in front of him. "Looks like it's going to come in handy now."

"Yeah... That's right. We don't know what to expect here, we're gonna have to be prepared for the worst," Sora said seriously, her eyes set on her sneakers.

"Alright, well since we only have three small food sources, we're going to have to make rations so they'll last us as long as possible," Jojo spoke up, just when Gomamon started to crawl off of my lap.

"Hm?" I asked, making the aquatic Digimon grin at me.

"I'm going to swim a little, I'll be back," Gomamon said before heading past Sora and I towards the shore.

I couldn't help but pout a little now that I had nothing to hug. My lap felt oddly empty without the Digimon sitting there for a petting session.

"Marie...?" One other Digimon suddenly approached me, causing me to look up to see Piyomon shyly inching closer while Jojo did the math on rationing for everyone. "W-will you pet me too?"

I grinned and opened my arms, making the pink bird Digimon situate herself half on my lap brightly so I could begin running my fingers and hands through her soft plumage. Almost instantly, she was nuzzling my hand much like Gomamon had been doing prior, causing me to giggle lightly. These Digimon were so cute...

"Hey, Tai! That food's not for him!" Jojo suddenly scolded my crush who sat behind the rest of us, feeding a few crackers to a rather pleased Agumon.

Tai gave Jojo a look of annoyance. "What's the problem? They're with us now, don't be so greedy."

"TAICHI!" Jojo complained, making me smile a little at my cousins usual antics.