Ch. 5: Stay in the Streetcar

Chapter 5

*********************************

*Marie's P.O.V.*

...Hm? What's that...? I wondered, opening my eyes to find myself curled up on the soft couch of the streetcar we'd found earlier.

I lifted my head up to spy TK fast asleep next to me with Patamon and Gabumon, but upon looking down at where my legs were resting, I found Koushiro (that's right, he gets the full name treatment too) fast asleep near my legs.

I couldn't help by shoot his sleeping form a leer of annoyance. I hadn't gotten my device back yet...

When a feeling not my own shook me from my thoughts again, I got up and rubbed my eyes to make my way to the streetcar exit.

At the doorway, I looked up at the full moon above, blinking at it curiously until I started to follow where the emotion of aggravation and impatience was coming from.

The question was whether it was one of our Digimon friends or not.

In the middle of my thoughts, I began to hear the sound of a harmonica. Since I was talking to TK a lot, I already knew it was his brother playing it. What he was doing up when Tai had the first shift was beyond me though.

"Marie? What are you doing up?" Tai asked once I'd climbed up the hill he sat on with Agumon. I started looking around for a sign of another Digimon around when I noticed Agumon's lack of distress.

"I felt something," I said, turning to Agumon just in case. "You're not feeling aggravated, are you, Agumon?"

"No, I feel fine!" Agumon cheerfully answered, despite sounding a tad bit sleepy.

"Weird. I could have sworn I felt someone around here in a bad mood," I explained before turning to leave.

"You felt something weird around here...? From the streetcar?" Tai asked in confusion.

I paused and looked back at him to nod. "I thought I did. I guess it was just my imagination... I don't feel it anymore," I replied, turning to head back to the streetcar again.

I was approaching the doors when Gabumon suddenly hopped out, giving me a smile that I didn't hesitate to return, watching as he headed off to (I assume) hang out with Yamato.

I myself crawled back into the street car and returned to my spot between TK and Koushiro, taking the moment to reach into my backpack and grab my MP3 from a pocket compartment.

This should take care of any more distractions, I thought as I plugged the buds into my ear and laid down to the J Pop and American Pop music stored in it's small memory.

When I shut my eyes, I started to asleep for maybe only a couple of minutes until the streetcar was suddenly jerked in the motion of what felt like an earthquake, jolting me off of the seat so I landed face-first into the floor by our Digimon companions.

Over my surprise and state between sleep and awake, I felt a rush of rage from outside in the lake. This time, I was sure it wasn't my imagination.

Once the movement seemed to subside for a bit, I yanked my earplugs out and pulled myself back onto my feet.

"What was that...?!" Mimi asked nervously, everyone getting up only to be thrown askew again to another quake.

"There's something out on the lake!" Koushiro said, bolting out of the car with Tentomon racing after him.

"Let's check it out!" Sora said, chasing after Izzy with Piyomon, Palmon, Mimi, TK, and Patamon.

I was about to follow until Jojo suddenly caught my shoulders and pulled me back towards him and Gomamon, making me look at them in confusion.