Ch. 11: Factory Freak-out

Chapter 11

****************************

*Marie's P.O.V.*

With a grunt, I nearly buckle over onto one knee due to the throbbing pain in my right shin, however, I manage to muster enough strength to stay on my feet and bolt for the door while Tentomon talks to Koushiro. I want to try and hide my escape from the hostile digimon I sense, but with the massive anxiety input the strange digimon instills in me, I panic and bolt off out of the room without a measly attempt to hide my escape from even Tentomon or Koushiro.

Considering this strange digimon's level of strength though, I can already tell that my attempts would be futile. It would see right through my veil- and even if I could hide my emotions, that doesn't conceal my whereabouts at all. For the most part, I'm pretty much a beacon for attention whether I want to be or not.

"M-Marie-han, wait! Don't go!" I hear Tentomon call out as soon as he realizes I've been spooked out the door. I don't look back, catching the hostile digimon's location and running in the opposite direction of it and the rest of my companions to keep them from getting in the crossfire. None of us stand a chance against a digimon as powerful as this one, but maybe if I lead the hostile digimon away, something good will come out of it. How I would get myself out of this mess though...?

Don't be scared, you've got this! I attempt to reassure myself as I race deeper into the factory, away from danger as well as safety.

****************************

*3rd Person P.O.V.*

Gabumon stops in his tracks along with Patamon and Palmon, the latter of the three gasping loudly and catching their partner's attention.

"Huh? Palmon? What's wrong?" Mimi asks first when Palmon grabs at her petals in panic.

"Something is wrong! Marie is panicking!" Palmon informs her partner, reaching to hold Mimi's hand with a look of worry etched across her face. "I think she's in trouble...!"

Gabumon whirls around to look at his own partner, ready to say whatever necessary to get him to listen despite his skepticism on the matter of Marie. "Yamato! Marie has sensed a hostile source somewhere in the factory, I'm sure of it! Please, trust me! Something bad is happening! We need to get back to her!" Gabumon says seriously, hoping that Matt would comply. "Even if you don't believe what we do- please, don't risk this! We..."

The digimon freeze again. This time for a moment longer than before.

"Patamon? W-what is it? Is Marie okay?" TK asks nervously, hands fidgeting as he waited for an answer.

...

"Marie is running," Patamon answers, fluttering down to sit on his partner's head when flying seems to be too much for his stressed state.

Matt, who would rather not worry about Marie and instead continue exploring and finding a human like Joe proposed, eventually caves when the digimon, Mimi, and TK give him bold looks that pretty much shut down any nodes of objection from the oldest of their trio. Matt grimaces and sighs in resignation.

"Alright, lead the way then," Matt replies reluctantly, allowing the digimon to take up the front of the group as they make their way to wherever they suspect Marie is.

*****************

"H-hey! What's the big idea?!" Sora shouts in shock when her world is promptly flipped upside-down, a hand of a large size gripped tightly around her ankle in a painful vice grip. She dangles uncomfortably like a pendulum, one hand keeping her hat from falling as she tries to kick at the metallic digimon hand with her other foot in hopes of freedom.