Chapter 24

Chapter 24
Soleilxo got the dedication for guessing the song right first! It was I Would by the 5 boys that drive us crazy<3
To the side is a trailer someone made for me --->
I'm working on a trailer as well.

Marcel's POV:
"I'll drive you home." I whispered in Sam's ear. We were enveloped into our embrace for what felt like hours. I let go of her and pulled my keys out of my pocket.

"No, I can walk home." She said shaking her head. Her soft hair bounced with her movements.

"I am not about to put you in danger again." I whisper-shouted. I touched her cheek gently and leaned in to kiss her forehead. I watched as she opened her mouth, but then closed it. I could see hesitation written on her face clearly. She backed up from me a little, creating space between us.

"Why do you decide to care about me all of a sudden?" She asked sternly.

"Sam I-" I said but she cut me off by shaking her head and saying, "No Marcel. You can stop pretending."

"No-" I started again, but Sam interrupted me again and said, "Just stop."

Before she could interrupt me, I said, "Just let me drive you home. It's almost midnight."

She crossed her arms on her chest. She had a stubborn look on her face, but she walked towards the door, adding an extra sway to her hips. I stared at her as I followed her to my car that was parked in one of the first spots near the house.

She waited for me by the car and I pressed the unlock button on my remote for the car. We heard a click and Sam climbed into the front seat. I jogged to the other side and got in. 

I ignited the engine and turned on the heat. Sam shivered and ran her hands up and down on her arms. I sighed and reached behind me to the backseat. I came back with a Hollister sweatshirt. I'd just bought it a few days ago. People could practically tell I was wearing Hollister by the scent of it. I guess Hollister employees sprayed the store with perfume or something!

I offered it to her and of course she shook her head, stubbornly.

"I know you're cold; just wear it." I said and threw the hoodie to her lap.

I looked behind me and reversed out of the small parking space, being careful not to hit other cars that were parked very close together. I accelerated down the road towards her house.

I noticed she had put the hoodie on and I smiled to myself. I turned on the radio and she shot me daggers as a song came on. I recognized it as Started From the Bottom.

"Started from the bottom now we're here.
Started from the bottom now my whole team fuckin' here." I rapped and watched Sam's expression carefully. Her eyes went wide and then she stared at me with her mouth open and finally I could see amusement dancing freely in her eyes.

This song related to me, because I really did start from the bottom and went to the top. Of the high school caste system of course.

I stared at her confusedly as she switched the radio channels. She stopped on one.

"When I'm gone
When I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my hair
You're gonna miss me everywhere
Oh, you're gonna miss me when I'm gone" She sang beautifully. She smirked at me playfully while pointing to her house. I rolled up to the curb beside her house.

I understood what she meant as she hopped out of the car giving me a small smirk while skipping to her door. 

My hot breath fogged my window as I stared at her walk away.

I did miss her.