Date with Howell

I don't know what just happened, but what I do know is that I have a date with someone who could care less about tonight or even me for that matter. At least I can prove to Meghan that no matter who he dates, he isn't going to change his ways because that's not who he is. He's never going to fall for someone and actually get into a real relationship with them, especially me.

I turn away from Dan and make my way back over to Megan. I felt this strange feeling form in my stomach as I walk away from Dan. I don't know why but when I walked over there I was annoyed and really didn't care much for what I was asking, but after talking to him I feel nervous and sweaty and actually kind of glad of what just happened. I shake my head as I reach Meghan again. She smiles as she notices me.

"You guys talked for a while." Meghan points out as I sit back down next to her.

"Yeah. We were trying to figure out what we are going to do for the night." I say.

"And that resulted in him making you spin?" Meghan asks.

"Probably was just getting a close look of what he thinks he's going to get later tonight." I say. It's weird thinking Dan checked me out and he actually liked what he saw. Meghan looks up at Dan, then back at me.

"He isn't like that." Meghan assumes. I turn to her and give her a are you kidding me kind of look. "It's true. I know first hand that he usually isn't the one to make the first move. He's actually pretty respectable for people's boundaries." Megan explains. I doubt it. She just thinks that because she's to blinded by his unfolded love he isn't giving her. "You'll see later tonight." Meghan smiles as she turns back in her seat.

"And you'll see that this night isn't going to mean anything and I'm just going to be another customer for him." I say. Meghan shakes her head.

"Your date with Howell is going to shock you. I know it will." Meghan continues. I don't get why she is so caught up on thinking I can be the one to make him realize he wants to be in a 1 person relationship instead of dating the whole school. She's wrong though.

The bell goes off as the rest of the class make their way in. I sigh as class starts but to be honest, I can't concentrate. I know that this date isn't going to mean anything and by tomorrow I'm just going to be one of Dans forgotten play buddies, but this is my first date in a really long time and I'm actually nervous. What threw me off is that Dan seemed happy and almost excited about this date tonight. He even knew who I was and called me attractive. He probably knows everyone though and compliments them so that probably didn't mean anything. This date hasn't even started yet but I already want it to end. I just want to get this night over with.

__________________

I sit here at the Starbucks Phil and I arranged to meet when I talked to him later at lunch. I start playing with my hands as the sweat from nervousness sets in. I don't get why I'm so nervous. He's just some guy that I won't talk to ever again by tomorrow, but why do I feel like I want to?

No. He's just the first guy in ages to ask you out. You are just nervous because you like both girls and guys but lean towards guys more and this is a rare thing to happen so you're just nervous. Yeah... Yeah that's it.

My eyes widen as my heart skips a beat as Phil walks into the store. I lift up my hand to get his attention. His eye sight catches my hand and I motion him to come over. He smiles and starts walking over. My eyes widen even more to the sight of him. I seen him a lot at school, but I've never seen him with glasses and my god did they shape his face well. Without his glasses he looks like a soft innocent puppy but with them he looks like that guy at a party who has 2 girls wrapped around his arms, but I know he isn't like that, which makes him even more attractive to me. He is also wearing a dark blue flannel button up with black skinny jeans which both fit him really well. I swallow hard as my mouth starts to feel dry. I stand up when Phil reaches me.