I

Dedicated to Anaklusmos14 for the idea. Also, I know I've distorted the timeline of history for this story. I don't really care because otherwise it wouldn't work out as well, so please just go with it.

Someone I never expected to stand in front of me, someone whom I had thought dead for nye on five years now, was before me.

"Perseus, we were raised together, I get that things have gotten hard, but denying me aid?"

"I never said I wouldn't aid you. You know that if it came down to it, I'd march every able bodied Spartan to your aid. But you must remember, the Elders of my nation are fickle beings. It won't look good to my people if I chose to go against their advice."

"I know, but Mycenae stands to be over run by Persians."

"I understand. I will see what I can do. I'm still amazed you are alive after that battle. It was said that you were killed. I look forward to finding out how you escaped fate...Achilles."

He grinned, "All in good time, old friend. So, I see mother made good on her deal with you? Did it revert you back to a youngling?"

I scowled, "Look who's talking. Seems like you got the same treatment, except you still look a little wet behind the ears."

It was his turn to frown. "Maybe so, but I am still invincible. So, look who's in a better position now."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Fine. I will personally step down from King and take my own cohort of carefully selected soldiers to march to your aid. I think I will give Leonidas his rightful chance to take over. I do believe he will do well by Sparta in this coming war with Persia."