IV

"Where did Riptide go?" Artemis asked when Zoë came back.

She nearly broke down and told her mistress right there what happened, but she didn't feel like getting reprimanded as of yet. She knew she was wrong yelling at him the way she did, but he was still just a male. So why did threatening him feel so wrong to her? And he claims they knew each other. How?

Instead, Zoë just shook her headed and said, "I don't know. He must have left." While Artemis eyed her as if she knew something had happened, she made no mention of it, at least not yet.

"Well, you girls are going to Camp Half-Blood with my brother. He's taking you and the other campers as well as these two new ones. I've been ordered by my father to hunt down an ancient monster. Before you argue, I can't take you. It's too dangerous where I have to start my search."

Zoë almost spoke out against it. She had a bad feeling of letting her mistress go by herself. She knew something was going to happen. There was just nothing she could do about it. If anything could take down a goddess as powerful as Artemis, the Hunters would be like flies compared to them, just an annoyance.

"I shall be accompanying them, though I do not like your brother any more than I like your ideals, Goddess of the Moon."

Everyone turned and saw Riptide casually sitting on a branch a foot above head level. Some, the Hunters, glared but Thalia looked grateful.

"Oh, and Artemis, do be careful. What you are searching for is as pure as a child. I do believe if you aren't careful, though, you will be captured. I'm sure a quest will come, but I doubt the demigods, or your Hunters could make it to where you'd be taken. I don't know if it is fate yet or not, so that is why I am warning you."

With that he looked up at the sun, which seemed to be getting far closer than normal. He glared at it as it turned into a sports car, a Maserati Spider, and a young man stepped out.

"Hello ladies! How can I help you?"

"Shut up Apollo."

Everyone looked to Artemis, but it wasn't her who spoke. They then watched Riptide drop the seven feet to the ground and stalk up to the god. "You!" said god exclaimed.

"Me." And Riptide's fist connected with Apollo's stomach. "That was for my brother in all but blood. Be happy that you didn't kill him with your own two hands or you would have faded after that battle. I do believe you owe him an apology when next you meet. Until then, consider yourself on thin ice with me. And trust me, that's not where you want to be. That's MY domain."

And just like that, he backed off. Apollo's eyes were wide, not just from a realization but from fear as well. He knew who this man was, and just what he was capable of. He had no doubt that threat would have been carried out. With no further words or smiles, he changed his car into a bus and retreated inside, everyone else following behind.

The trip to the camp was quiet to say the least. Most of the people trying to figure out who in the world this man, "Riptide" was. It seemed Apollo knew him, and was scared. How could a mortal man make a god scared?