XI

They had made it through the junkyard without anything being touched, for which Perseus was extremely grateful, but he couldn't shake the feeling that something terrible was still going to happen.

No sooner than he thought that, a group of monsters appeared before them, lead by none other than Perses, the Titan of Destruction. Before Perseus could react, Perses had Zoë by the arm and was now standing behind the monsters once more. "Good luck getting them back, Perseus, or should I call you by your old name? The Destroyer."

Then he was gone. Phoebe was shouting, Nico looked scared, and Thalia looked nervous. But Perseus couldn't comprehend any of what was going on around him. There was nothing but the blood rushing in his ears and the pure, unadulterated hate that coursed through his veins.

"Everyone get away from him, NOW!" came Phoebe's voice.

Thalia looked at her. "That's a lot of enemies for him to handle alone," she said as Perseus started forward.

"That is nothing for him. He is no longer the Perseus we know. He has reassumed his old identity. There is nothing that can stand in his way."

"How? He's just a demigod. Even one as strong as him will have a hard time with twenty some odd monsters at once."

"You have no idea, daughter of Zeus, what that man out there is. Do you know how powerful demigods come around? Through hardship. A demigod's power is based on his parent, the abilities he develops, and his age.

"A normal demigod's power grows as they age, but once they pass their prime, their stamina goes down. They don't stop growing in power, but they just can't use it because they don't have the stamina to. Perseus can never pass out of his prime unless he dies. He is the most powerful, currently, demigod alive."

"You said currently..."

"There are two more that will exceed him by twofold. Did you ever wonder why he uses a sword or spear?" Phoebe asked.

"Because he grew up in Sparta right?" Thalia replied, questioningly.

"Yes and no. A child of Poseidon's number one weapon is a trident," Phoebe said, watching Perseus slowly walk towards the enemy.

"Wait...what's happening to him? He's glowing...and so is his spear." Nico said.

"The blessing of Poseidon," Thalia stated in wonder. "I've never seen any of them in person, but only Hades blessing rivals Poseidon's. Just the shear increase in power would crush most demigods, let alone, all mortals."

"It doesn't increase his powers. That's not the blessing of Poseidon either."

"What?!"

"That's Perseus's own power overflowing. When he gets to this point in his anger, he loses his control on it, and it boils over like this. His spear will change, and we will all be flattened and unable to move if his power keeps going like this. Well...except one of us," Phoebe explained.

"And who is that? Me?" Thalia asked.

Phoebe chuckled. "Oh no, daughter of Zeus. You most certainly will be flattened. Maybe not as quickly as me, but you will be on that ground. No, Nico here will be the only one able to stand and move. We have probably about another ten seconds before we start to feel the true pressure of his aura. About five seconds after that, I will be on the ground, and you will be fighting to stay standing."

Thalia did not believe her one bit, until a huge pressure suddenly started pressing down on her from above. She looked and as Phoebe had said, she was on the ground. Thalia glanced over at Nico who looked at them worried. Yet he seemed unaffected by this pressure.

Thalia collapsed, still wondering how this demigod was that powerful and why Nico could even stand, let alone move. "What...is...he?" Thalia managed to get out.

"His power...will continue...to grow...until it reaches the equal state of his...father's. But there are two who will have no equal. They will be stronger than...all the Olympians. It's why they were hidden away for millennia. A set of twins with power to rival even...the King of the Titan's...individually."

Thalia's eyes widened. Surely that was impossible. But...since when did anything in the mythological world become "possible" by normal standards? Who could they be. She eyed Nico and the light went off in her head. "He's...Perseus' son...isn't he?"

"Say it out loud one more time, and I'll cut your tongue from you head," Phoebe snarled.

Thalia recoiled as much she could under the immense pressure. Never had she seen Phoebe act so aggressively. She glanced towards Perseus to see how he was doing with the monsters, but there were none to be seen. In front of him were piles of golden dust, all that remained of the little force that Perses had brought.

Slowly the pressure abated and Phoebe ran over to Perseus and drew him into a hug. Yet again, Thalia was stunned. Who was Perseus? How did he know Zoë and Phoebe so well. Phoebe claims that he's the reason Zoë and her joined the Hunter's of Artemis, but now she started to wonder if something else had come up.

She looked over at Nico. Just who was this kid?