VIII

A conch horn startled the camp awake. As everyone drifted out if their cabins in various states of dress or lack thereof, they noticed Chiron standing in the field between the cabins.

"I know this is all sudden and everything, children, but I expect you to be on your best behavior and to respect these two men as if they were me, if not better. They are far older than any of you, older than even most of the Hunters. They have done more for the gods and demigods alike, than any one of my other pupils. Please, let us greet them in the amphitheater."

Everyone was wide-eyed and puzzled beyond belief. How were two old demigods that important? And for that matter, how did they survive that long outside the borders?

As they entered the stands in the amphitheater, they saw the same two people from yesterday in their armor. Riptide and the golden warrior. Where these two introducing the two that Chiron was talking about? The two men took off their helmets and stepped forward.

The one in the Spartan armor spoke first. "My name is Perseus. A king from long ago, before a famous man that you all know today. A former son of Ares, the most famous king of Sparta, Leonidas. He took the throne when I vacated it to march to my brother-in-arms' side. I guess you could say he took after me in the fact he did the same.

"But that is not why I am here. I am not asking for you to believe me. I don't care if you do or not. You will respect me one way or the other. As you saw in the sparring match yesterday, there is not one here who could challe–"

"That's not true, brother," the man in golden armor said. "There is one who could, but it is only because you would never raise a hand against them, isn't it?" Perseus nodded stiffly. The golden armored man chuckled and then continued, "My name is Achilles. Before you all start crying out in alarm and start talking, remember, you are not here to speak, but to listen to what Perseus and I have to say.

"I am in fact the real Achilles. I did not die on the battlefield of Troy. My mother and grandfather pulled some tricks and were able to spare my life. Through the Mist, which was almost nonexistent back then, they made it look like I fell in battle. In fact, I never even fought that day as my mother had foreseen my death and neigh on kidnapped me. It took many decades following the war to track down my armor.

"But besides that, we are here to discuss something important. So you know who we are, but not why we are here. There is a war approaching, that few of the gods are willing to recognize. The two that do, can not do much without Zeus getting a knot in his beard."

There was a collective gasp heard from the campers. "Yes, yes. We speak out against the gods. If you were as old as we, and as close to being an immortal as we, you would stop caring about being so polite as well. We also know what it is like to be the Olympians pawns. No, we will never turn against Olympus. Those that seek to destroy it are far worse than the gods have been or ever could be. But we won't let untrained demigods march into battle for them when they decide to get up off their asses at the last second." Perseus glared at the sky as thunder rumbled.

Achilles looked at him and then smirked. "As my brother was saying, we can't let you go into war unprepared. So from this day forward, this is no longer Camp Halfblood. This is now New Greece. And as such, we are your kings. No one is above us, not even the gods. You answer to us first and foremost. If they have a problem with that, tell them they can submit their requests to Lord Poseidon who will kindly tell them to shove their stupid ideas up their own asses."

The entire amphitheater was silent. Never had any one if these demigods heard anyone speak out so boldly against, and at the same time for, the gods. A flash of light caught their attention and in front of the two immortal demigods stood Dionysus.

"How dare you come into my camp and tell my kids what to do?! And to say that you are above the–" Dionysus wheezed and stumbled back as Perseus' fist connected with is rotund stomach.

"Like I said. You are not above us here. You should know by now, as the WEAKEST Olympian, that you couldn't hope to best either of us in a fight. Hell, you're Aunt, Demeter, is stronger than you, and she's a peaceful goddess for the most part. How do you expect to stand against me when you are slow, weak, and inept at combat?"

Dionysus glared at Perseus with blazing purple eyes. "You dare strike a GOD?!"

"Well, if you are what the standards are for being a god, then yes. These demigods before me have a better reason to be a god in your place than you. The only reason you even became a god, let alone an Olympian, is because your daddy dearest forced everyone to accept you and then an Olympian far greater than you stepped down for your dumbass," Perseus growled. "Now get out of my sight before I have to drag you back to Olympus because you weren't capable of even flashing."

-/-

"Perseus..."

The man in question stopped and turned around. "How may I help you, Lieutenant?"

"Perseus, you and I both know that formalities are not worth it for either of us," Zoë said.

"I could have sworn you hated me not even two days ago, Miss Nightshade, so correct me if I'm wrong, but when someone dislikes another, that other person should be as respectful as possible so as not to anger them unduly."