XVI

Perseus knew he would not be left alone for long. His family might be important to him, but their future welfare was far more important than being able to spend time with them. He had a week before people came looking for him. First, it was Hermes, summoning him to a meeting. He spent that whole day discussing his plans for defending Olympus.

Then it was Apollo, to tell him not to put too much thought into his visions. He warned him not to try to change anything again. While Perseus knew that, Apollo knew Perseus and knew he would if he got the opportunity.

Athena and Hephaestus took up more time than anyone else, drawing up plans, and traps for the defense. Using Perseus' visions, they knew that the gods would not be present for the actual defense. Though Perseus didn't know for sure, he assumed there was a greater threat than Kronos. He only knew of a few beings that were, and none of them sounded like a fun experience. With that information, Hephaestus told Perseus of the Labyrinth and the entrances he knew of. Perseus realized quickly that he would have to make plans to defend the camp as well.

Kronos was smart, and would attack the demigods first, to weaken the god's defenses. He upped the demigod's training and forced them to push themselves to, and past their limits of endurance. He also knew he would have to start exploring the Labyrinth, and while it couldn't be truly mapped, a clear sighted mortal could be used to navigate it. He couldn't risk the enemy invading the camp from within, without any notice.

With the known location of the entrance within the camp, he, along with Athena and Hephaestus made plans to set up a defense. The biggest issue they had was they had no idea what would be coming through. A Titan or any major monster would power through any defenses the demigods would be able to handle. Again, Perseus knew he would have to be at the forefront of another war, and if his visions were right, which they always had been, then he would be leading another not long after.

"Perseus. Do you think it's about time we looked at venturing into the Labyrinth?" Achilles asked.

"We must, if not, now, then, soon. I'd rather it be just the two of us, but it cannot be. We need someone with clear sight. And that only occurs in mortals."

"Uh...dad. I met one when we were on the quest to save Lady Artemis," Nico said.

"Really? How do you know?"

"She asked me why I had a sword tucked into my belt."

Percy grimaced. "I wish you would have told me that then. Now someone is probably out there running around saying there's crazy people with swords all over the place."

Nico shrugged. "I didn't know any better. I thought she was just another demigod, but she didn't even know what that was when I asked her."

"Do you know her name?" Achilles asked.

"Yes. Rachel Elizabeth Dare. She was very particular about it."

"Dare? You mean like the famous guy?"

Achilles brow furrowed. "Its possible I guess."

Nico asked, "How do you know any famous people?"

Percy smirked. "Do you think I've only been back since I showed up? I've been back since the first World War. Achilles and I fought in them as well. The issue was trying to coincide our return with my visions and not screw things up.