Leave it to Fate

I laid there tossing and turning. No matter what position I was in nothing seemed comfortable enough to let my mind wander off so I can catch some sleep. Every night it was the same nightmare. Seeing their lives vanish in front of me while I was standing there powerless to stop it. This was always haunting me at night. I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling of my dark cabin. The only thing soothing me was my ship rocking back and forth as she continued to sail. Since that didn't seem to work I decided to get up and have an early day. I change into my normal attire which consisted of black leather pants, a black v neck shirt with a red corset and a black coat. Along with that my black leather boots and my trusty sword. I let my natural curly hair be. As I'm staring at my reflection in the mirror all I can see is the image of them dying. Both of them reaching out to me to help save them and me standing there powerless. I couldn't help but feel enraged. I was going to find the people who did this and I will make them pay but in the mean time why not go and steal us some stuff. I'm a pirate and that's what we do. I walk up to the deck and I'm greeted by my right hand man. "Good morning Captain Emma, isn't it such a lovely morning?" I give him a warm smile. "Aye Mr. Fitz it is a good morning." He nods and walks over to the wheel. "Are we still on course to the kingdom of Garrington?" He nods and as he looks out to the open sea. "Aye captain." I nod and stare out to sea. Today we are going to visit the kingdom of Garrington and hopefully we will get some insight in where those people that killed the two people I loved are. But in the mean time why not recruit people and have a nice and dandy time at the tavern. We arrived at the port and decided to stay a couple of days to see what we can get. I turn around before walking off the ship and looked at Mr. Fitz with an eager face. "Gather all the men I think it's time we go and have some fun at the tavern." He nods and walks below deck. I looked at my reflection from the water below me and I couldn't even recognize myself. I wasn't always like this. I was an honest sailor, Lieutenant to the most honorable man of all, Captain Neal Cassidy, who was captain of the Binding Sea. Which is now run under my command and under a different name, the Black Shadows. Let's just say that I am the opposite of how I was but that doesn't matter now because all I want is for those people to pay and all I want is justice or is it revenge? All the men come out from below deck and gather up on the top deck. "How about we go and enjoy some quality time men?" They all nod and cheered. "Today is your free day because tomorrow our real work begins and we will be flowing in riches from the gold we will steal from the Garrington's treasure." Everyone starts to cheer and I give them a cue and they all start to head out to the town. "Harry, Luke you guys are on watch while we are out." They nod and say "aye captain." I nod and walk away with Mr. Fitz at my side. "You know the drill Mr. Fitz" I say as we get to the tavern. "Aye captain, I will see who has information about those people." I nod and we walk right in. I sit down and I'm right away served a tall glass of Rum. I see everyone is starting to get the flow going and I just lean against the wall trying to ease my mind of all the pain I hold inside. I hear some footsteps and I see a man standing near me and my eyes wander off. "So what, are you just going to stand there and leave a lady unaccompanied?" He smirks and looks at me from head to toe. "Well I wouldn't want the most feared captain to be upset so I shall accompany you." I smile and nod.  "Well aren't you a sight to see mate." He smirks and lifts his glass and we clinked our glasses. "To captain Emma of the Black Shadows" he says as he raises his glass. I raise it and I drink it. He stands up and walks over to me and starts to rub my shoulders. "So how long are you staying in town beautiful" he says as he starts to kiss my neck. "Mmhm" I said as I closed my eyes. He continued to kiss my neck and I smiled. "Wouldn't you like to know?" "Oh come on you're no fun, isn't that what you want" he says and looks down my shirt. I smirk. "I'm sorry but that's not what I'm here for this time, maybe later." He bows. "As the captain desires." I smirk and he walks away. I was honestly not in the mood for any of these men today but I didn't mind the casual flirting, there's no harm in that. That's when someone hiding under a cloak comes and sits in front of me. "How may I be of service" I say and gave him a weird look.

A/N
Hopefully you guys enjoyed the first chapter of "Leave it to Fate." It's my first FanFiction so I hope to get better and write more for you all to enjoy.☺️💕