News at Dawn

Its nearly dawn and I quickly get up and change into my prince attire. I sighed as I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I guess the pirate life for me was over. It was awesome but were the pirating days for Emma really over? It was only up to Mr. Fitz to decide her fate. Since I was so eager to know the decision that Mr. Fitz had made I went running to the to the tunnels and nearly woke up half the castle. I just sat there in the tunnels waiting for Robin to appear. A couple of minutes pass and Robin opens the door. "Killian." He says with a big smile and hugs me. I hug him back and smile. He backs away. "Oh shoot I mean your majesty." I laugh. "So what did Mr. Fitz say?" He sighed. "He said that we have to flee, that's the pirates code." I nod. "How is she?" I sigh. "I'm afraid she's never going to wake up." He gasps. "Yeah she's alive but she's practically lifeless." Robin shakes his head. "I have to alarm the guards that we've been robbed okay so I give you guys till mid day to flee the kingdom and to never return." He nods. I laugh. "Why you laughing?" "Because I was the one that wanted to be a pirate and leave the kingdom and you wanted to stay and now it's the opposite." He laughs and nods. "Aye I guess we never know what our true destinies will be." I nod and I hug him. "Please take care and I hope you have a good life my friend." He nods and smiles. "I wish you the best, future king of Garrington." I laugh. "Ok go on now and don't get into too much trouble." He laughs. "No promises, I am a pirate after all." Before he closes the door I stop him. "Tell Mr. Fitz that he was amazing and that we will miss him." He nods and closes the door. I smile and I sighed. I do hope my friend has a good life, he makes a fine pirate so I know he'll be ok. I make my way up to the tunnel and walk to the infirmary. I look inside and Emma is still lying there. I walk in and I kiss her forehead. "Good morning my love." I see a slight head movement which meant she was still alive. There's hope that she might wake up. This only made me happy and gave me strength to go on. Two hours pass by and I walk down to the main dinning room hall. I sit down and they serve me my breakfast. My mother walks in and smiles. "Morning son." "Morning." I quietly reply. She looks at me and smiles again. I smile back and she laughs. "Now that's the son I know." That's when I see Maurice entering the room. "Oh my gosh I didn't know you were here..." I said and he interrupted me. "I just got here son." I sat down quietly. "I came alone and no you don't have to marry my daughter to become king." I laughed nervously. "Oh and welcome back sir I hope that your month off has served you well and you are now refreshed and ready to take your rightful place as ruler of this kingdom?" I look at my mom and she winks at me. "Yes I am ready." He smiles. "Good." After breakfast I went up to my room and I looked out the window to see if the ship was still there because it was almost mid day. I look out and I see it sailing away. I sighed and smiled. I wait until I could not see them to go and make a scene at the treasury room. "Morning Julio." I say as I walk by him. "Everything good here?" He nods. I walk in and nearly half the gold is gone. I laughed and started to remember what I had done last night. Julio had no idea and that was funny but I think I will have to switch him when I become king because if I can rob my own gold then someone else can do it. I then scream. Julio comes running in. "What is it?" "We've been robbed!" I scream. I storm out the room and Maurice and my mom come and they gasp at the sight of the treasury room. Maurice goes crazy. "This is unacceptable; guards follow me, we will get to the bottom of things." My mom is standing there with a weird look on her face. "What?" "Nice try, you might have fooled them but I know you helped those pirates with a share of our gold." I laughed. "I don't know what you're talking about." She smiled and shook her head. "I love you son." I laughed and walked away. I went into my father's study for the first time in like forever. I now know that my place is here as king of Garrington. I'm going to help my people and rule with love, justice and mercy. I look at the numerous journals and I come across one that had my name on it. I dust it off and I open it. "Son, if you're reading this is because you've made the decision to be king. I'm sure you loved your time being a pirate but that's not for you son. You are ten times better than that. I am so proud of you and yes even though you wish to go back it's not possible now so just enjoy the memories you made while sailing the wonderful sea. I love you so much Killian and I know you will be a great ruler. With love, Dad." I closed it and smiled. Dad knew I was going to do this. I was honestly excited yet a little nervous to be king but since my father and I had so many things in common, it gave me the confidence that I could indeed be a great ruler like he was.

1 year later
About three months after the whole raiding my castle thing I became king. It was honestly amazing and I've been loving it ever since. Sure it's been hectic and busy but I had never felt more connected to my father. Emma hasn't woken up and I'm scared that once I lose hope that she will wake up is the day she will leave this world. I go down and I check on her like I do every day. Yes, I haven't found anyone, I'm in love with Emma and I don't think I can love any other woman. I kiss her on her forehead and I just sit there hoping that she will wake up. I get up and I look out the window. As I'm there gazing the town, I hear a groan. I look and its Emma. I run over to her side and I wait for her to open her eyes. She opens her eyes and I smile. I never thought that I was going to see those gorgeous green eyes ever again. "Emma, are you ok?" She gives me a weird look and what she replies back destroys me.