4th-5th Doctor x Reader

Found this on Deviantart
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The TARDIS materialized on the street facing your house. You stepped out, shocked when you saw it. "Doctor? Why are we back here...?" He looked down. "_____... I'm... I'm dropping you off at home..." Your stomach dropped. "B-but why!?" "Because..." He answered, still looking down "Its too dangerous for you to be traveling with me... I realize that now... I can't lose you... Not you..." Tears welled up in your eyes. "B-but I don't want to go! I want to stay with you!" You sobbed. He looked up, tears in his eyes as well. "I know... Its the hardest thing I've ever done... But I couldn't live with myself if something happened to you..." He said, his voice cracking as he was on the verge of crying. You wrapped your arms around him and clung to him. "Don't leave me!" You cried. He wrapped his arms around you tightly. "I don't want to... But you know as well as I do that you could get hurt or die... I can't let that happen..." He could hold his tears back no longer. You held him tightly. "I love you..." You whispered. "I love you too _____..." He said "And I promise.. One day I'll come back for you..." He picked you up, carrying you onto your porch. "I'm sorry..." He said, putting you down. You cried as you watched the man you love leave... But you knew that he would be back... He never broke his promises...

Two years later...

You woke up from another dream. You looked outside just to make sure the whirring noise of the TARDIS wasn't real. It wasn't. You had been having these dreams every night since he left... You buried your face in the palms of your hands and started to cry. You hadn't stopped loving him one bit since he left. You wondered if he was really coming back. Suddenly, you heard that familiar whirring noise again. 'I'm just imagining it...' You thought. 'Although... Maybe I should check just in case...' You opened the curtain a just a bit, expecting to see nothing. Your heart jumped. There, sitting in your garden, was the blue box you knew so well. You jumped out of bed and rushed outside, not even bothering to put your shoes on. "Doctor!" You yelled. You ran toward the TARDIS. The door opened... You stopped dead in your tracks. "W-Who are you...?" You stuttered. "_____! Its me!" The blond man standing in the door of the TARDIS said. "D-Doctor!?" You asked. He nodded. "But... You've changed...!" You said. "Yes... I regenerated." He replied. You remembered how he had explained that if he was on the brink of death, he would heal himself and change completely. "_____..." He interrupted your thoughts "Its still me... And I still love you..." You looked down. "I still love you too..." You said. "You've changed a lot though..." "But its still me..." He said."Come with me... I want to be with you..." You looked up. "Alright..." You said. "I'll... I'll try... It might take me a while to get used to it though..." He smiled. "Alright..." You stepped into the blue box, ready to begin your life again.