Chapter Eight (Emilia)

Emilia clutched Wheetziebat's shirt tightly as they flew up high into the sky. The radiation stung her face as the two soared through the poisonous clouds. "Why did you give him your mask?"Wheetziebat asked as he adjusted their altitude. Emilia looked at him, "I gave him the mask because it will give him more time before the change happens."She replied into the crook of his neck. She would never admit it but she was glad that Wheetziebat was here. He unfortunately was a very calming presence to Emilia. Wheetziebat grunted and Emilia just put her arms around his neck and closed her eyes. She would rest as much as she could before they landed at her house in a few minutes. However sleep would not accept her. Instead flashes of that guy, Josh, popped into her mind's eye.

   It was annoying since his image was preventing her from going to sleep. There was something about the way he looked at her that made her shiver. "We're here."Wheetziebat said pulling Emilia from her troubled thoughts. Emilia looked at her house and felt a sad feeling rush over her. It was pretty decrepid looking now that the glass was cracked inward and there were tons of holes leading up into her yard. All in all, it wasn't her home anymore. She slid out of Wheetziebat's grip and then walked through the doors and into her house. She didn't bother to stop and reminisce about the place. Instead she went straight to her room and went looking for the vials of liquid. That was the most important thing right now.

   Emilia got into her room and then went for straight under the bed. If she had taken more time she might've noticed distince differences around the room but she was too preoccupied with the vials. Retrieving the box from under her bed she then opened it up to inspect the tubes. As she checked each one over she found nothing wrong with them. Putting them all back in the box, she then looked for her journal. She lift up her pillow to get it and found that it was missing. No, no, that couldn't be. Emilia knew that she always put it under her pillow. She knew that she never moved it. EVER. So to find it missing meant that someone had been there. It meant that someone had her journal. That would never fly. Gritting her teeth, Emilia shouldered the small box of anti-toxin and then she walked out to where Wheetziebat was.

   He looked at her strangely but she just ignored him and hopped into his arms. She didn't really want to talk and he seemed to get that since he just stayed silent. They flew back into The City but instead of going to the penthouse, Wheetziebat veered sharply to the left and then came to a tall store that Emilia remember well. It was a toy store that she and her mother went to all the time. "What are we doing here?"Emilia asked. Wheetziebat looked down at her, "This is where you'll be staying. Plenty for you to do and nothing that you can really hurt yourself with. I'm not letting you fall down twenty-seven stories again. So here's your new place."He replied. Emilia looked around at all of the old toys that had gathered several layers of dust. She then smiled, "Alright, thanks."She replied. 

   Wheetziebat had left her all alone to go check on something but that suited Emilia just fine. She went back to where all of the masks were and then took one down that looked the closest to her old one. In truth it wasn't as nice as her previous one or that well crafted but it would do. She then took it over to the science toy department where there were tons of tools that she could use to synthesize a new anti-radiation mask.  She then quickly got to work. She took several old parts from toy car motors and then with the tiny wrenches that the science tool kits had, began to invent a tiny breathing apparatus. When she finished with that she then inserted them into several tiny slits that she had made in the mask. Once that was over she then took out another motor, this time from a Fur Real Friends doll, and then used the wires in that to fashion out a mechanism that would allow the mask to adhere to her face perfectly once she put it on.

   She finished all of her stuff there and then found that she had nothing to do. Emilia looked around the store and then found what she was looking for. A mirror. She took it and then moved to where the plushie isle was. That was where she put all of the dusty Care Bears and other stuffed dolls down for a makeshift bed. That was also where she put her cure box. She sat down on a huge My Little Pony doll and then looked at herself in the mirror. She narrowed her eyes as she saw that her eyes were beginning to get a little yellow. She took out a vial and then stuck it into the vein in her right arm. She then began to inject the liquid and watched as the yellow in her eyes begrudgingly started to receed. Emilia then sighed and took out the syringe. Oh how Emilia wished that she had her journal with her right now. However she had no such luck since it didn't magically appear. So instead she took out an old rainbow colored one that she had found and then sharpened at colored pencil.