Chapter Ten (Rhylo)

Enjoy a picture of Lacie who will appear in the next installement :)

************************************************************************************************************

   Rhylo woke up and couldn't have felt more tired. However today was the day. He was going to get Emilia today. It was either that or he would die trying. He knew where she was now and he wasn't about to just sit there and wait for Wheetziebat to leave. He needed to know exactly why she was important and if she was so important why he forgot her.

   Josh was asleep next to him and snoring heavily. Rhylo snorted and shook his head at the human. Sometimes he didn't know what to make of the human. One minute the human would be brilliant and Rhylo found himself being very proud of Josh and then the next minute Josh was dumber than a bag of dirt and Rhylo wanted to kill him. Josh snored once again and rolled over onto his side. His hand closed around Rhylo's tail and Rhylo tensed. Right now was one of those moments where he wanted to kill Josh. No one touched one of his tails. It just wasn't done. "Emilia..." Rhylo's ears perked at the sound of Josh murmuring Emilia's name. Rhylo's eyes narrowed again and he leaned down and nipped Josh in the side.

   Josh yelped and leapt up onto his feet. "OW! What was that for?" Josh asked as he rubbed his side. Rhylo snorted yet again and then walked out of the room. Stupid human. He didn't like how Josh would murmur her name and get a dopey look on his face when she was brought up. In time Rhylo knew that he would have to do something about his obsession with her but for now it was alright. For now it was manageable, plus Rhylo still needed help to get Emilia away from Wheetziebat.

   He padded through the hallway and then stopped in front of the front door. After he exited this house it was do or die. He would either go away from this place with Emilia or he would be extinguished from this world forever. Either way there was no going back. "Hey Rhylo, is there anything we can eat for breakfast?" Josh asked as he rummaged through the kitchen. Rhylo just snuffed and watched Josh go through the cupboards. "Hey! Score!" He called out as he came back with a box of Graham crackers. Rhylo eyed him and Josh nodded, "Alright, alright, don't take my hand off this time." He said as he fished out a couple of squares of delicious food. Rhylo's mouth watered as he watched Josh.

   Just as Josh was about to throw one to Rhylo, the crackers all puffed out into dust and crumbs. It fell to the floor in a pile and Josh and Rhylo just stared at it. Rhylo then looked at Josh who looked at the box. "Mine!" He cried and suddenly dashed off. Rhylo was on his tail in a second flat. Rhylo was starving and those Graham crackers were going to be his. 

   Josh ran to the room they had stayed the night in and quickly locked the door before Rhylo could wiggle his way in. Rhylo snarled and scrabbled at the door as he heard the rustling of the box. Suddenly he backed up and rushed the door. The weak bolts groaned and then gave away. Rhylo heard Josh suddenly gasp in surprise and then Rhylo saw his target. There lying on the floor was the glorious box. Rhylo ran over to it and stuck his huge snout down into the box. Score! There were at least seven full bars left. Rhylo quickly started to devour them in huge hungry gulps.

   "Rhylo!" Josh whined as he saw what the Xion was doing. Rhylo ignored his companion's complaints and kept on eating. Josh wrenched the box away only to see that it was empty and a satisfied Rhylo sat back on his haunches. Josh just sighed sadly and resisted the urge to cry. He'd only gotten about two bars before Rhylo barrelled into the room and swiped the box. "Great, now I have to find something else..." Josh sighed and got up from the floor. Rhylo snickered and followed the human out of the room and into the kitchen once more. 

   Josh found some cereal and was keeping a tight grip on the box as he ate the stale flakes. Rhylo just watched him amused. He would let the human have his cruddy corn flakes since Rhylo didn't like them.

A World of Despair(Book One)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara