Chapter One: The Great Escape

I hang up the phone, grab my bag and shoes and look out the window of the 12 story apartment building.

~ He's got to be close by now ~ I think in my head.

My heart is racing and my head is spinning. I shake while making sure I get everything I need.

*bbzzz bbzzz*

I look down to see who's calling, it was Steven again. I answer it just In case he gets suspicious.

" Heyy Steven where are you? "
I ask, trying so hard to not sound as terrified as I am.

"Hey I'm driving home now be there soon. "------

He hangs up. I quickly slip my shoes on and run towards the elevator, frantically pressing the button. I watch as the numbers go down from 5...4...3...2...1 finally reaching the last floor. The doors open and I run out trying not to show my fear. I see Stevens car turn just a block away and I know if I walk out the front doors now he would surely see me.

I run around to the back door which leads me to an ally way. I know that once Steven gets in the apartment it won't take him long to realize I'm not there.

I listen to my breathing as it is fast and shaky but I'm interrupted by rapid beating of my heart. I knew that I was doing myself a favor by running away because if I hadn't then he would just keep hurting me every day.

I figured by now it was clear for me to come out of the ally way and run as far and as fast away as I could. I guess Steven had gotten upstairs quicker than I thought because I heard a window break from the fifth floor. And out came a New York Yankees mug. I knew because I got it for him for our 3 month anniversary and it landed only two feet behind me.

He knows.

I quicken my pace because he would be coming outside by now. I run down the streets of New York looking for something, anything to get me away from view. I duck into another ally way two blocks down from the apartment. I follow it to the other side and I reached the quietest part of town. Which was good because he would probably never find me here but it was also bad because if he did find me nobody would be there to help.

I duck down behind a dumpster just in case anyone saw me. Suddenly I hear a symphony of car horns all honking rambunctiously and then a loud crash. This came from the other part of town where I had just came from. I thought to myself
~ Nooo .... That couldn't have been.. him...?.... Could it?~

I peek out from my hiding spot and find someone walking through the ally way which I just came out of. I was across the street so it was hard to tell who but when he got closer I could make him out better. It was a man, he was tall about... Six feet, he had a dangerously angry face on, brown hair a little long just past the ears, a plain white t-shirt with the sleeves cut of to make a tank top, tan cargo shorts, a small silver blade just popping out of his hand and finally a gun handle tucked between his pants and his shirt. It was Steven.

My heart instantly dropped and started racing again which seemed to be going a hundred beats per second. I go back down and shakely pull out my phone.
~ How in the world did he know where I was?!~
I think to myself. Then I remember how he once tracked my phone with "Find My i Phone" when I lost it and he must be doing that now!

I start to dial 9-1... then I was hurled off the ground and slammed into the brick wall. My phone shattered on the ground and it felt like my spine did too. I open my eyes and see Steven, holding a knife just inches from my neck.

"You tried tO RUN FROM MEEE?!!!"
He shouts in my ear. I don't respond and just stand there quivering, pinned up against the wall of a building.
"ANSWER ME YOU DUMB BITCH!!" He screams.

"I..I needed to save myself f-fr-from you." I stutter.

SAVE YOURSELF? DAMNIT HANNAH, YOU WERE SAFE WITH ME!"

"I wasn't safe Steven, you almost killed me... Every time you got mad."
I say as calmly as I could not trying to anger him more than he already is. And knowing my life hangs in the balance. He inches the knife against my neck just drawing a drop of blood.

"Hey, I know, I know and I'm sorry. I've told you that before I was sorry you are always safe with me babe." He says in a calmer, more anxious way, and strokes my cheek with his thumb. He would always do this, apologies for it and makes me forget it ever happened, it was like he was brain washing me. But not anymore, I was sick of this and I know now that I needed to free myself from him.

"I can't "
I say, my words choking in my tears.
"I can't.. Do this anymore Steven."
I say as I squeeze my eyes and turn my head slightly away, letting the last fearful tear roll down my cheek.

"RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAHHHGGH"
Steven screams and cut a little deeper into my neck. Then he takes the knife and draws a giant cut across my cheek and another down across my arm. I scream in pain. The sting of the blood dripping out of the wounds. Then
*SLAP*
My head snaps to the side feeling the sting now on the other cheek from the slap. Suddenly, Steven takes a bigger knife out of his jacket, grabs my head, slamming it against the wall and aiming the knife right above my chest.
*SLAM*
My head is banged against the brick wall.

It was all a little foggy but I remember falling out of Steven's grip and onto the ground. Then, the searing pain comes back to my body. My cheek, my neck, my arm, all of if.

A man comes into my view from the ground and says something but I couldn't make out what. And I couldn't see him also because he was all blurry. I closed my eyes and feel myself being lifted off the ground. I flutter my eyes and finally let go, let in all the pain and... Darkness. I blacked out for good.

----------------------------------------------Heeyy so this is the first time I've ever written a fanfic on here! I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter! Ahah I bet no one is going to read this but whatever.

Ok so this story is based on / inspired by the story "How I met Louis Tomlinson" because I loved the plot of that story so I'm just like basing this story on that and just changing it a little bit haha. So I strongly suggest reading that story because it is really really good and I really enjoyed it so yeah!

How Louis Tomlinson Saved Me On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara