Dream Bigger

Inspired by many tumblr girls, dyeing your hair was the big thing in the 90's. Pink and purple the most common. If you had vintage or an abstract shirt, you were considered 'cool'. "As a cucumber!" They would say. If you had your hair dyed, you were popular. Then 2000 came along. The 2010 came along. Then the new memes and trends came along. Social media and Internet grew so far! The dyed hair was old, new words and saying came along, "YEET!"
For that, people dreamed different accomplishments.People dreamed different goals. For Alexis, she dreamed a little bit too far.
Snap! Filter! Post! Ding: Jack, Ella, Mack, and Max liked your photo!

Alexis soon dreamed of becoming a famous vine star or Instagram famous. One night she fell asleep posting a selfie on Twitter. In the dreams she was kidnapped by catfish. He claimed to be a peer around her age. Jake718 was the nickname. Jake soon feel in love with Alexis, making him sound possessive. Frightened, she blocked him on social web sights.
One night she had revived a text saying, 'do you think you will escape me? I will find you!' . Terrified she blocked his number on her cellphone.
Later, the messaging had stopped. But he did not. Late one evening, Alexis stayed up late and heard a soft knock on her window. Living in a ranch, she was thinking it normal. Opening up the window for the visitor to come inside, she saw her catfish sitting there, waiting. Shocked, Alexis made no movement giving him time to kidnap poor Alexis. She was missing for over 3 weeks before police had finally made a discovery. She was dead. Alexis dreamed of becoming famous. But not for being kidnapped and killed.

Screaming and crying, Alexis woke up to the horrid dream of her being kidnapped and killed. Thinking nothing of it, she went back to sleep on the early Monday morning, getting more sleep for her day of school.

Waking up the next morning, she checked her media and saw a man named Jake had followed her. Thinking the name was familiar, she tried to replace her steps and find out what was making the name sound so memorable.
The dream.
Scared, Alexis blocked him immediately and went downstairs to her mother for breakfast. All went well until she arrived at school. A man tried to call her number. Answering with shaking hands, she whimpered softly, "hello?" Her dark brown hair brushed in front of her eyes as the heavy breathing laughed carefully.
"Alexis, dear h-" the line went dead as Alexis hung up. With shaking hands and wobbly knees, Alexis made her way to lunch. Leaving early, to collect a few books for the next class, she suddenly felt uneasy in the deserted hallways. A hand flew over her eyes making her scream. Then another hand went over her mouth. Laughing, her friends dropped poor Alexis to the ground, making her curl up against the lockers and cry. She ran home soon after that, not bothering to attend any classes. Going into her large ranch house, she opened YouTube to watch movies.

Falling asleep soon later, she woke up to a pebble hitting the window. And then another one, and another until Alexis woke up. Alexis found these events coming back familiar. Calling the police, Alexis sits in her bed, not wanting to get up.
"911, what is your emergency?" Alexis voice soon stops in her throat.
"I- I uh,"
"Miss, are you alright?" "Are you hurt?" The operated shrieked. Another pebble hit the window.
"Miss, are you h-" the line went dead. Dropping the phone Alexis went to the window and saw a man with a smile, holding a knife. While the bright moon shines over the black sky, Alexis hears herself scream as the knife goes into the window, shattering it.

"Dream bigger, Alexis dear," the mans whispers fill her ear as her eyes go to her head.