Sandy Nightmare

Signey and Olivia were always the dare devil type. They went into haunted houses, and old alley's. They almost always got caught, but it was worth the risk! They never would have thought that going into the abandoned beach of Lincoln County would be a sandy nightmare.
"C'mon slow poke, my mums going to find out we're sneaking out!" Olivia says in a hushed whisper.
"Okay, okay! Shut up or you'll never sneak out!" Signey threatens.

The two ran the half mile to the small, shut down beach in Oregon.
"A night swim, at an abandoned beach? Yes please!" Olivia screams as she dives into the sandy mess.
"Wahoo!" Signey yelps as she dives in right after Signey.

"So remind me again, why did this place shut down?" Olivia questions her best friend.
"Uh, a bunch of toxic waste spilled in this place turning into a dump. People said they saw creatures here, but it was really only crazy people, sooooo!" Signey states as Olivia nods her head.
"C'mon! Let's swim and have a little fun, be real here," Olivia starts as the tension grew. "All the toxic waste would be gone by now," she finishes with a laugh turning around to swim farther out into the lake.

"Wuss!" She screams since the sounds of laughter or splashing quits. Olivia's smile drops as she turns her head to see small tides of water, but not Signey.

Olivia's peaceful treads of water soon turn into frantic ones as Signey hadn't appeared from the water.
"Signey?" Her yelps cry out for her soul sister. "SIGNEY! SIGNEY THIS IS NOT FUNN-" Olivia's sentence is cut short as her foot is dragged deeper under the grey water. She waveed her hands in front of her face frantically while trying to catch air. She see's the surface of the water, watching the moon shine brilliantly down at the old beach. About to reappear above water, find Signey and get out of the dump, she opens her mouth to get a breath, only to have water fill her mouth, then gulp it down and get dragged deeper under water.

Coughing severely, under the water Olivia felt faint

Coughing severely, under the water Olivia felt faint. She looks down to see's Signey before feeling limp. Confused to why her best friend looks so different, she realizes that the toxic waste had changed Signey, for the worse.

 Confused to why her best friend looks so different, she realizes that the toxic waste had changed Signey, for the worse

Then her whole body went numb. Her waving hands stopped slowly and moved to her side before turning upside down and taking one last glance at the sky before it disappears and she hit the sandy ground with a thud. Then all goes black as Signeys hand releases her foot.

The next day Signey went back into the water, fully clothed ready to bury Olivia's body under water. Her body forms into the siren/creature as she dives down. She swims fast and takes only about a few minutes until she realizes that she is finished. After the work is done, she looks down at her hands and sees she turned back to human.
Swimming frantically to the top, her foot is pulled. Screaming under water she sees seaweed clung to her foot.
Signey struggles to get the stringy mess off of her foot but fails when her chest tightens. She stops trying and looks up, feeling the pain in her chest go to her throat. She sees her and Olivia playing in flashbacks as memories fly by her vision.
"I'm sorry," Signey attempts to say under water, but it came out muffled. Pain fills her chest Signey's hair went up above her head as she looked in front of her to nothing in particular before she floated backwards and down to the ground, drowning in pain. The toxic waste made her midnight swim turn into a sandy nightmare. 

A/N

A/N

Sorry this chapter isn't really a horror story, it's more of a short story. My bestie, Sidney and I wrote this together when we went to our lake near our home and I almost drowned by getting pulled under by seaweed lol. I said it felt like someone was grabbing my foot so we were inspired by my stupidity. I hope you guys liked it and sorry for the many pictures, lol. Bye, mangos.