Somebody That I Used to Know

(Rodney's pov)
Took a shower? Check. Got dress? Check. Pick up Cappy for out date? Less than five minutes I'll be at her dorm. You know I'm still shocked that she picked an horror film instead of an chick flick. Maybe it's just an excuse to get close to me during the movie. Or she's really into those horror films. Which I really hope she isn't, I'm not a big fan of them. I arrived at her dorm, I decided not to over dress since it was just a movie date and our second one. So I came in khaki pants, black vans and a baby blue T-shirt. The night she gave me her number, I called her the next day and we went for coffee. That same day I ask her to be my girlfriend and she said yes. It was also our first official date. I'll admit I was a little shock that she said yes. I didn't expect her to, we just met the night before. Honestly I'm generally not this forward with relationships. But Cappy's different, plus we got to know each other the night we met. I knocked on Cappy's door, I got an reply "I'll be right there." A little after Cappy said that, the door opened to reveal a red head girl, much to my surprise.

The red hair girl looked over her shoulder and said "Cappy Roderick's here." Her attention was now on me, the woman was wearing black shorts, and a white tank top. Her hair was down, her eyes roamed all over me. I started to get uncomfortable, she notice my discomfort. "Oh don't worry Roderick, I'm not gonna go after you. I just wanted to see if you're right for Cappy, and it appears to be that you are." "Loretta tell Rodney that I'll be right there, I'm still getting ready but I'm almost done." This Loretta girl looked at me, her eyes staring daggers at me. She looked over her shoulder one more time before she came closer to me. Standing no less than two inches away from me. In a low but authoritative voice, she said "Listen here Rodney, Cappy is a great girl. Any man would be lucky to have her, and her last boyfriend took advantage of it, he didn't care for her kindness." Before she continued on, her hands clenched into fists, and she gritted her teeth. She spat out the next few words, looking beyond me. I don't know where her attention was but I was glad it wasn't on me. "He only lust for her."

Now I was getting upset, how dare this man do that to her. I swear if this "man" had hurt her, I will- "Fortunately Cappy knew better than to open herself to him. But he still hurt her emotionally, despite not hurting her physically. Instead of going for her, he went to another girl and those two were a rash. She wouldn't go anywhere without him, and he didn't mind. What hurt her the most was that she caught them playing around in his car on their three months anniversary date in the parking lot of their restaurant for the night." Loretta was angry, anyone could see that. I feel sorry for anyone who messes with her when she's like this. Her eyes averted back to me. She growled out the next sentence.

"If you break her heart, I won't hesitate to break you." You better not be on this girl's bad side, she's crazy! Behind Loretta was Cappy, her brows furrowed in confusion. She was wearing a maroon long sleeve shirt with blue skinny jeans. Her hair was down and was wearing black Vans. "Did I... miss something?" Loretta turned to Cappy, flashing her a smile. "No Cappy, I was just giving him an "hard" time." The irony in that sentence. Cappy was skeptical, but she decided not to pursue it further. "Well I hope she didn't scare you away." Cappy came to where Loretta was, she linked our arms together "I'll see you later Retta." Despite being aggressive with me, Loretta smiled at Cappy. "Have fun Cap, Roderick I want her back here by ten!" Cappy playfully rolled her eyes at Loretta, "Don't wait up, let's go Rodney." Cappy gave Loretta one last look til she pulled me away, Loretta kept a smile until Cappy could no longer see her anymore. Loretta's face grew hard, and her eyes narrowed at me. She mouthed "I'm watching you Copperbottom, always watching, always." Woo she's nuts.

When your friends ask why haven't you seen this movie yet, it's because they're rich and you're not. A single adult ticket is $10.48, and that's not including popcorn and drink. The theater was more crowded than I had predicted. Each row and seat was occupied, fortunate for us, we arrived early to avoid getting bad seats. There were two guys in front of us, they seemed to be our age. They were talking about the movie, I couldn't help but lean forward and listen to their conversation. "I heard this movie is the most gruesome of the year, and it just came out last night!" "That would make sense, they said yesterday night, some guy could no longer take it and he threw up in his seat." "That's sick, I can't wait to watch it!"