Orange & Yellow

Ah Halloween, the time of year when adults and teenagers decide to act like little kids. Especially when it comes to deciding on what costume to wear. Every Halloween at RCU there is a huge party with a costume contest. And where the party is being held is at a haunted sorority house, if you are able to stay inside the house from 5 Pm on Halloween to 7 Am November first, you will be put on the wall of heroes that is on the outside of the house. If it wasn't obvious enough, Rodney, Cappy and the rest of the gang decided to play their game. But now they are having a hard time on deciding what costumes to wear.

(Cappy's pov)
"I want to go as a couple because we are a couple. But I am certainly not wearing this dumb costume that I'll get very hot in easily." Loretta exaggerated to her boyfriend Fender. "Babe I understand, I really do! And believe me, I wouldn't be asking you of this if this wasn't that important but it is!" Loretta gave Fender a hard glare, "Also Rodney couldn't be it because Cappy convinced him to go as the red Power Ranger cause she's going as the pink power ranger." Loretta rolled her eyes at Fender, she ignored the excuses that came out of his mouth. While turning to look at me, she asks "What other ideas did you have before you decided to go as the power rangers?"

I shrugged my shoulders "I thought Batman and Wonder Woman would be cool but I gotta side with Fender on this one. You being the original alien from Alien and he in the awesome machine that later kills you is technically a couples costume." The sentence went right over her head as an idea came to her. "That Batman idea does sound cool." Her were eyes gleaming as she reached a decision while dragging Fender out of the lounge, "Let's go Fender I want to get those costumes now." Fender looked at me with a terrified look, "What did you do?" Asking me in a shrill voice. I waved bye to the both of them as they left.

Just as I was about to return to my studies, I felt the weight shift on the couch. "Hey they were serving chicken tenders and I got you some. You haven't ate anything since we've been here." Rodney said sincerely, I smiled at his kindness. "Thank you for worrying about me." I gave him a kiss on the cheek and opened the tray that contained the food. "So the party starts at five, we should be ready by 4:30 right?" He asked me, I nodded my head yes. "Make sure you clean your helmet." Rodney shook his head and returned to his lunch.

He sighs in delight, "These tenders are the best that I've ever tasted." I laughed at his response, "So did you hear about Crank?" My brows furrowed, I shook my head no "What about him? Is he in trouble?" I ask, worrying about him. Rodney scoffs at my question, "Just the contrary, I heard he's having the time of his life for the moment. Last week I saw him dress in a suit leaving the campus and when he came back it was disheveled." My eyebrows raised higher than expected. I couldn't help but lean in closer, "Who's this mystery girl?"

His response was moving in closer, "Can you promise me that you won't freak out when I tell you?" I quickly shook my head yes, although I most certainly know that I will freak out. Rodney leaned in closer, looking around to make sure Crank wasn't in sight. "Piper." My eyes poped out of their sockets, "Piper?" I shrieked at the top of my lungs, Rodney extended his hand over the table, quickly covering my mouth. "I thought you said you weren't going to freak out?" I removed his hand that was covering my mouth, "Technically I never said anything."

Rodney chuckled, then his expression changed to a serious one. "But you can't tell this to anyone, I'm not even suppose to know this." I raised my brow yet again. "What do you mean by that?" "I saw them leaving the campus the same day he was in that suit of his. I also saw that he had a hickey." I nearly choked out my food. "You're kidding." "I swear to you I'm not. When I questioned him about it he claimed it was a spider bite. So I'm assuming he lied because they haven't made it official yet." He looked in another direction, chuckling at the memory. "He got so red when I pointed it out."