18. Alcohol

~Kookie~
Wednesday 2:49pm
Hi Tae 😊

Wednesday 7:24pm
Helloooo😁

Thursday 11:06am
Tae???? I'm coming home next week???????

Yesterday 1:52am
Tae can u answer plz I miss u

Today 4:12pm
Taehyung are you okay? Why won't you answer?

Taehyung refused to answer his phone. He knew that all Jungkook would tell him about was what he and Jimin did and how much fun it was, and he didn't want to hear it. He had been busy anyways.

He'd finally started to hang out with Hoseok again. They had been best friends since right after Taehyung had graduated high school. They met while working in a small bagel shop near grand central station but both quit as it wasn't as satisfying as either had thought. It was the fifth job Taehyung had quit since he turned 16, which earned him the nickname: V.

They lived about 3 blocks away from each other so they had gotten together quite often in the past 2 weeks. They were at different houses and parties every night, Yoongi always there to supply them with the small and sweet plant that they needed to make the most of the night.

Tonight, they were in Manhattan. In a building not too far from Times Square. The three boys sat at a booth in the corner, rolled tubes of paper filled with weed between their fingers and glasses of strong alcohol on the table in front of them. They watched the mass of people act in various ways. Getting drunk at the long bar, grinding up and down on each other, the couples stumbling out of the back door every few minuets. The place was alive, and Taehyung, Hoseok, and Yoongi were looking to live.

Yoongi let a smooth stream of smoke exit his mouth with a slow exhale.

"I wanna get laid tonight guys," he said, smoke still lingering with his words.

Taehyung and Hoseok busted out in laugher.

"Well there's plenty right there!" Hoseok joked, pointing into the crowd of dancing people, mostly guys and girls together, or big groups of the same gender. Yoongi laughed mockingly. Hoseok and Taehyung knew he was gay, and they playfully harassed him about it.

"Just remember, I'm the one who gives you that stuff," he said referring to the weed, "I can just as easily take it away."

"Fuck no you couldn't!" Taehyung replied, "both of us could beat your tiny ass!"

The two were in a fit of laughter once again. Yoongi rolled his eyes and took another long drag on the blunt.

"Why can't we go to a gay bar or something?" He asked, annoyed.

"Cuz I don't like dick," Hoseok stated bluntly, keeping his eyes fixed on the messy crowd, smoke trailing with his breath.

Taehyung zoned out of his friends conversation as he felt his body relax and was lost his own thoughts. He told himself to let go of Jungkook, but the boy was always back in his head, especially at times like this. He came to drink to forget, but it only made him think even more.

He thought back to the period before he met him. 2 years of admiring his art and written words through the Internet, not knowing what he looks like. Falling in love with him through the high definition photographs and small black and white. He had no idea that he would soon fall in love with the rest of him.

When he first heard Jungkook's sweet and small voice, or saw his amazing, emotionally scarred face that was a work of art itself, he melted and was under a complete trance that the younger casted on him unknowingly. He wanted Jungkook. He wanted to be the first person to see a painting when it was finished. He wanted to be the person that calmed him down when he had a breakdown. He wanted to be the person he looked forward to seeing first thing in the morning. And he thought he'd eventually be all of those things... That is, until Jimin came along.

The red haired boy was a complete mystery to him. Apparently him and Jungkook were best friends before Jungkook moved to New York. But Taehyung was still curious as to why they were that happy to see each other. First of all, it hadn't even been that long since he lived here. You'd think they'd stay in touch right? Second, why the hell did they kiss? Last time Taehyung checked, even the best of friends don't kiss like that unless they're super drunk.

(A/n: another mistake sorry! When I originally wrote this book, Jimin had kissed Jungkook and Taehyung saw it while they were video chatting. There was awhile conversation between Jimin and Jungkook where kookie pushed him away and told him that they were over, but Jimin wanted him back. Sorry it got left out!!! His story has been transferred and rewritten so somethings got lost. IM SO SORY!!!)

Taehyung's head burned. And not just because of the weed. He hated Jimin. He hated that Jungkook didn't reject his kiss. He hated that they looked so happy. He hated that he wasn't there. And that's why he was at this place with the people that encouraged him to associate with the harmful toxins that he now welcomed back as an old friend.

This is what he did almost every night before he met Jungkook. The Raven haired boy made him a better person. But Taehyung knew that he didn't matter as much as he thought he did. So here he was. Drinking, smoking, partying. Just like he used to. Just to prove that he could manage without him. And he didn't reject. Alcohol and marijuana were already in his system and taking a heavy affect.

"What about Jungkook?" Yoongi asked, snapping Taehyung back into reality.

"What?" He said confused. Yoongi then rolled his eyes out of annoyance and repeated himself.

"That Jungkook kid you're always hanging out with. He's gay right?"

"... Yeah."

"You know he's not too bad," Yoongi said, "I wouldn't mind having him under me for one night."

Taehyung clenched his fists.

"Fucking forget it Yoongi." He replied sternly. Yoongi shrugged his shoulders and threw up his hands in surrender.

"I'm just saying. Ive only seen him once but his ass is great."

"Shut the fuck up Yoongi!" Taehyung yelled while slamming a fist on the table. Yoongi and Hoseok both looked at him with wide eyes, unprepared for the sudden lash out.

"Woah didn't mean to strike a nerve there!" Yoongi said laughing, starting to make a joke out of the situation and Taehyung knew it too.

"You should've told me you were fuck buddies or whatever you are. By the way... Where is that little cutie?"

Taehyung set his joint into the ashtray and stood up from his seat, making the table move. It wasn't even that big of a deal, except Taehyung was intoxicated and he knew that on the other side of the country, hundreds of miles away, Jungkook was with Jimin. His drunken mind told him that Yoongi knew that and was setting him on edge on purpose.

Taehyung pulled Yoongi out of the booth by his jacket collar and threw him to the ground with a loud thud, catching some of the crowds attention.

"What the fuck?" He mint green haired man said, holding the back of his head while trying to stand up. He then extended and arm and collided his closed fist with Taehyung's cheek, causing him to stumble backwards against the wall. He punched back.

The whole bar was watching at this point as the two exchanged blows. Hoseok stayed back and watched as well, too afraid to get involved himself. Taehyung swung at the side of Yoongi's head but the older dodged it and Taehyung tumbled face first onto the dirty black floor.

"Fuck," He winced. He tried to get up but his arms were too weak and collapsed under him. He laid there helplessly, the whole room looking right at him. He felt defeated. He suddenly forgot why he was mad. He forgot any reason why he should be mad. His head aches and he just wished he was in Jungkook's warm apartment. In the dark room with the space case doodles scattered around the black walls. He wanted to be in the coral colored bed with his pained head resting on the soft plush pillow. And he wanted Jungkook the be there next to him.

Lying on this cold floor, Taehyung realized that, though he was doing all of this to prove that he was fine with out him, he needed Jungkook. He needed him like air. He needed him now.

Tears started to leave Taehyung's eyes and two large men picked him up by his limp arms and carried him out of the vicinity.

"Don't come crying to me when you need more drugs you bastard!" Yoongi yelled after him. Although tears were still shining on his cheeks, Taehyung lifted his hand and pointed a single finger towards the ceiling, surely high enough for Yoongi to see.

Then he was thrown outside onto the pavement. Into the cold late night air of New York City. He walked home.

+

sorry about my fuck ups oops