23. Paint

Jungkook sat at his desk with a canvas under his face. He dipped his brush onto a tray of acrylic pastel colors. He used blue first, spreading it over the canvas in an organic shape. A shirtless Taehyung sat next to the desk, Scrawling something in his notebook, even though the painting hadn't been finished. As Jungkook added pink to the mess in front of him, he asked Taehyung:

"A little early to be writing don't you think?"

The older make replied without looking up. "Well I'm on the third page so."

"The third page already? I just started painting two minuets ago!"

Taehyung chuckled to himself and smirked. "I'm not writing about the painting, you dumb."

Jungkook smiled and stopped what he was doing and looked at the other.

"Then what in this room could you possibly be writing about that's not already in one of your notebooks?"

Taehyung finally looked up from his writing and locked his eyes with Jungkook.

"You."

A pink blush showed on his cheeks and he looked away from the older, embarrassed.

"Wh-why me?" He asked.

Taehyung closed his notebook and leaned in closer to the younger boy.

"Because," he started, "the things I feel when I'm with you are so much greater than anything anyone else has made me feel, they deserve to be in my notebook. You, kookie..." Taehyung dipped his index finger into the blue paint that Jungkook was using, "...are a work of art yourself."

Jungkook couldn't hide his smile. Taehyung somehow always knew what to say to make him happy. He reached across the desk for Taehyung's notebook.

"I wanna read it," he said, but Taehyung's hand stopped him.

"I'm not done yet!" Taehyung yelled. But Jungkook persistently went after the book. The two fought over the book, laughing while it was happening. Jungkook grabbed on to Taehyung's arm and desperately reached for the book while Taehyung pushed him away.

"Just let me see!" The Raven haired boy yelled, reaching up to the taller's hand.

"No!" Taehyung replied.

Jungkook was about to give in when his hand accidentally landed in a puddle of now spilled pink paint. He laughed mischievously before slapping it onto Taehyung's chest, leaving a smeared and distorted handprint across his bare upper body. Knowing what was in for him next, he stood up and backed away from the table, smiling from ear to ear.

"Jeon Jungkook!" Taehyung yelled. Jungkook giggled at Taehyung's minor frustration. Then he saw the brunette open the half empty can of black acrylic that Jungkook had used to paint his bedroom and he motioned for the smaller to come closer.

Jungkook let out another small laugh and shook his head.

"Cmon Kookie. You did it to me. I get to do it to you."

Jungkook shook his head once again and took a step back.

"Fine then," Taehyung said. The older then stuck his whole hand in the bucket. "You're gonna get it, kid."

Taehyung leaped towards Jungkook who reacted too late to escape him. Taehyung caught him with one arm wrapped around his shoulders and smeared his black hand over the left side of Jungkook's face, down to his collar, getting some on his white shirt. Jungkook squealed at the feeling of the cold liquid. Taehyung laughed loudly as he spread the paint until there wasn't much left on his hands, then he ran back to the desk to reload, Jungkook not far behind him.
   The younger scooped up a handful of black and flung it at Taehyung, making it splatter over his back. Jungkook awed at how the muscles tensed when the paint came into contact with his skin.

Taehyung turned around and abruptly grabbed a bottle of green, causing the canvas to fly into the middle of the floor. He unscrewed the cap and made his way to Jungkook who had fled again.
   "Okay, that's it kookie, come here!"
  Taehyung poured the paint into his free hand and set the bottle down. When he was in range, Jungkook was hit with a rain of green liquid on his shirt.

Jungkook fired back with newly acquired blue which was spread over Taehyung's face with laughter.

The two continued attacking each other until there was nothing left. Both of their bodies, along with the floor were covered in fluorescent, pastel, and neutral colors.

They finally stopped. Their bodies were pressed closely together, their faces inches apart. Taehyung removed a hand that was on Jungkook's waist to his face and smeared one last bit of red over his cheek. Jungkook stared up at him with wide doe eyes. Then, Taehyung pulled his face into a kiss.
  Jungkook placed his hands behind Taehyung's neck for support. There was surprisingly no taste of paint. Just the pleasuring feeling on Taehyung's lips on his.

Ever since Jungkook told Taehyung that he had feelings for him, not much has changed. The only thing that was different was that Jungkook didn't resist Taehyung's kisses anymore. But other than that. Everything was exactly the same. But he was okay with that. Just the addition of simple contact made Jungkook so much happier.

Taehyung pulled back from the kiss and smiled. But then he turned away from the younger and started to walk to the bedroom.

"Tae~," Jungkook whined, he didn't want to be separated from the brunette after the past events that had just taken place, "where are you going?"

The older looked back and smirked.

"I'm gonna go take a shower. I'll be back soon."

"B-but you gotta help me clean this up!" Jungkook stuttered. But Taehyung continued into the other room.

"I'll help later okay babe?"

The nickname made Jungkook blush. He'd never been called something like this by Taehyung. Being called "babe" made him question what the two boys were, relationship wise. They cuddled, they slept together, they kissed, Taehyung just fucking called him babe. They do basically everything couples do except have sex. But we're they boyfriends? They had never established it officially. Or were they just... Really close friends? Do friends do that kind of stuff?

But Jungkook decided not to think about that at the moment. Instead, he took a roll of paper towels and began to clean up the paint that was scattered across the floor. When he realized what had just happened, he mumbled to himself:

"The gallery is gonna throw a hissy fit when I spend $100 on new paints with their credit card."

+
Double update fucc ye