28. The couch

At this point in time, the two boys were back in Jungkook's apartment. They laid on the couch, Jungkook cuddled into Taehyungs chest, slowly drifting to sleep against the soft cotton of the others shirt.

Taehyungs chest moved up and down with every breath he took. His arms wrapped around the boy laying on top of him. He kissed the top of his head before leaning down to whisper in his ear.

"Kookie," he said.

"Hmm?" The boy hummed, too exhausted to reply with words.

"I'm sorry."

"Tae, that's like the tenth time you've apologized. I told you it's okay."

"But it's not okay," Taehyung whined, hugging the younger tighter, "what if you lose your job because of me?"

"I'm not going to lose my job, Tae," Jungkook laughed, "I just got commissioned to do a mural in Brooklyn. Firing me would be bad business."

There was a short silence as Taehyung sat in disbelief, his eyes wide and his mouth hung open.

"W-wait what?" Taehyung asked, unaware of the news, "since when?"

Jungkook giggled and looked up at his boyfriend.

"Since yesterday, you dumb."

Taehyung looked completely unable to reply. But Jungkook desperately wanted Taehyung to forget about the events of the day before. He crawled farther up onto the older's chest and placed a gentle kiss on his lips.

"That's amazing kookie!" Taehyung beamed as he placed his hands on his cheeks and squished his face. Jungkook laughed, showing his bunny teeth that made Taehyungs heart flutter.

"But, what are you gonna paint?"

Jungkook looked at the ground for a moment, contemplating Taehyung's question. He really hadn't thought about it. What do you paint on a giant wall in the middle of the city?

"I have no idea," the younger boy finally said.

"You really haven't thought about it?"

"No. weird for me huh?"

Taehyung took Jungkook's hands in his own and rubbed the back of the palms with his thumbs.

"I'm sure you'll come up with something," Taehyung reassured. "A beautiful mind like yours is bound to think up an absolutely amazing idea."

Jungkook blushed and looked down at their interlocked fingers.

"And you know why else is an absolutely amazing idea?" Taehyung continued.

"What?" Jungkook mumbled back, curiosity suddenly gleaming in his eyes.

"We get an apartment in Brooklyn."

Jungkook's face lit up immediately, his mouth hung open at the idea of renting an apartment with Taehyung.

"Really?" He gasped.

Taehyung smiled and messed with the hem of Jungkook's t-shirt as he spoke.

"It would be the perfect size for both of us," he said, "a whole room for an art studio for you, and plenty of space to hang all of my favorite paintings on the wall. It would be near the mural, so we could walk past it every morning while going to the train station."

Taehyung smiled softly at Jungkook who listened intently to every one of the elders words.

"And the best part is," he continued, "the building would face the Hudson River, so every night, when we looked out the window, we'd see the perfect Manhattan skyline, all lit up just for us. You could sit by the window and paint it. You could do as many paintings of it that you wanted and every one of them would be special because it would show our skyline. How does that sound?"

Jungkook's hands were over his mouth. He nodded furiously, wanting nothing more and nothing less than everything Taehyung just said. It all sounded so perfect.

Suddenly, Taehyung forgot about everything except for what was happening at that moment. He forgot about Yoongi, and the showcase and All of the events from earlier. Here, in this moment, the two boys were so happy. So in love.

Taehyung pecked Jungkook's lips once again and smiled when he pulled away.

"I love you," Jungkook cooed as he laid back on the older's chest, wishing to sleep.

Taehyung kissed the top of his head.

"I love you too."

+

I doubled the length of this chapter omg I added so much from what was there before wow.

I like this so much more now and it ties better with the ending so everything isn't so abrupt.

Bye kiddos