24. The subway

"Taaaeeee, wake up!" Jungkook yelled while trying to shake him awake. Taehyung groaned and rolled over onto his back. Though he didn't open his eyes.

Then he felt the younger climb on top of him so that he was straddling his stomach. He continued to shake him but when nothing happened, he lifted himself up and dropped right back onto Taehyung's stomach.

"Wake up Taehyung!"

As the boy was so bony, it felt like someone has just punched him in the stomach with an incredible force. Taehyung sat up immediately, gasping at the sudden loss of air.

"Jungkook what the fuck that hurt???" Taehyung said as he pushed the younger off of him, half playfully, half seriously. But Jungkook, being the person he was, took it a bit too seriously and looked at him regretfully.

"Sorry..."

"It's okay," Taehyung replied with a smile, knowing Jungkook thought he was pissed. But Jungkook sat on the bed silently, fiddling with the coral sheets. Taehyung saw this and needed to fix it. He hated the way he always looked so sad when he did something wrong. Even when it wasn't wrong Jungkook would still make a big deal of it and mentally put himself in a time out where he wouldn't talk, eat or sleep. He just sat there and stared off into space.

"Jungkook," Taehyung said, taking the boys face in his hands, "I said it's okay. You didn't do anything wrong."

"But I hurt you."

Taehyung stroked Jungkook's cheeks with his thumb.

"It's just a bruise. I'm fine." Taehyung leaned down to plant a short kiss on the younger's pink lips.

"Now," he said when he pulled away, "you have an art show today that you are required to be at so put on your best! Time to blow them away!"

Jungkook giggled at Taehyung pep talk and went to the restroom after Taehyung went back to his own home.

«•»

After he got dress and fixed his hair, Jungkook waited for Taehyung to come back. He told him that he wanted to take him to lunch before the showcase at the gallery. There weren't many places to eat around here so Jungkook was excited to see where the two would be going. Soon, Taehyung was back and the boys left.

They had taken all of Jungkook's paintings and sketchbooks to the gallery yesterday, so there was nothing they brought except for phones, wallets, and themselves.

"Tae, where are we going?" Jungkook asked after they had walked a block from his building.

"A really good cafe. But you can't be mad when I tell you where it is," Taehyung replied, taking the boys hand in his. Jungkook suddenly became worried and the cloud above him turned a shade darker. Don't be mad?

Taehyung led Jungkook around a corner and walked two more blocks before stopping infront of a dark green set of stairs that led underground.

"Oh hell no," Jungkook said, stepping back and letting go of the others hand. He was still a stranger to the subway system. Getting an uber was so much easier. And with the money he made, price wasn't a problem. It was clean and quiet. Not to mention there wasn't thousands of strangers in an uber.

"Kookie you've lived here long enough, you have to do it sometime," Taehyung said. He pulled lightly on Jungkook's sleeve, urging him to follow him into the station. Jungkook desperately looked for a logical excuse.

"But I don't have a pass! How will I get in without a pass?"

   He thought his argument was valid until Taehyung reached into his pocket, pulling out his wallet. He slipped out two yellow cards from the leather bound wallet.

"I bought you one the other day," Taehyung retorted, "and  it's the kind that last for a whole year so you're doing this at some point. Plus the place I'm taking you doesn't allow cars."

Jungkook sighed. He took Taehyung's hand again wth a quivering lip.

"Fine," he mumbled.

As the two walked down the narrow staircase, Jungkook stayed very close to Taehyung, clinging to the back of his coat as the stairs were too thin for the both of them to go down at the same time.

Taehyung let go of his hand and handed him the yellow plastic when they entered the station.

"You just have to slide the card okay? Watch me."

Jungkook kept his eyes on the older as he quickly slid his card through the slot and pushed through the metal gate. When he was on the other side, he nodded to Jungkook for his turn.

What if it doesn't work?

What if I get stuck?

What if the train crashes?

A million thoughts flooded his mind and he swiped the card. His heartbeat quickened. He cheeks turned hot. The dark grey cloud was slowly fading to black. The words on a little blue screen read "go" and Jungkook used his frail body to push the cold metal until he was next to Taehyung once again.

"See? Not too bad," Taehyung said, reuniting their hands together. He left a comforting kiss on Jungkook's head and smiled. But Jungkook wasn't convinced yet. He could hear a train approaching.

"That's not the part I'm scared about," he said.

There were many propel standing with them, waiting for the same train they were. Why so many people here specifically? Why now? Jungkook thought as the train pulled up and slowed to a stop.

The car infront of them was crowded with people. And when the doors opened, only a few of them exited. Taehyung practically dragged Jungkook into the crowded car where they luckily found 2 open seats. Jungkook sat between Taehyung and the wall.

Jungkook was breathing heavily. His heart rate hasn't slowed and he was on edge of having a total breakdown in public.

I could get jumped on here.

When the car began moving, Jungkook pushed harshly against the older from how fast it took off. He let out a little yell that, to his surprise, went Unacknowledged by the other passengers. Taehyung kissed the younger's cheek, hoping to calm him.

"We just have a couple stops, then we can get off," he whispered. Jungkook nodded. They sat there for a few minuets, stopping 2 times before it was finally their turn to get off the train. Taehyung stood up and pulled Jungkook with him, hurrying out of the car.

This station was twice as crowded as the last one. Jungkook had never been here before and was suddenly bombarded with infinite possibilities of bad things that could happen.

I could get lost.

I could get kidnapped.

I could get stabbed.

I could get killed.

I could get separated from Taehyung.

Taehyung could get killed.

The two squeezed through the mass of people coming and going. Jungkook pressed himself firmly against Taehyung in fear of getting lost. Then suddenly had a realization that he didn't know where he was. He slowed down just a little bit, looking around for a map.

"CMON KID, KEEP GOING!" A voice yelled from behind them. Jungkook was shoved foreword. Hewas terrified. He clung to Taehyung like a sloth and quickly followed him out of the dusty underground. His eyes met Taehyung's who was smiling. What was he smiling about? Then Jungkook adverted his eyes and looked around him.
   There were buildings with billboards all around them, advertising anything and everything. People were everywhere. Locals, tourists, even random people dressed in gross costumes, taking pictures with kids and then begging them for money. Jungkook looked back at Taehyung.

"Welcome to Times Square."

filler chapter lol srry if it's boring lol

Im so lazy about updating dang

Byes