Chapter 4- The Invitation

"What took you so long?" Sugilite asked when Garnet came back.

"Just returned something..." Garnet mumbled, her face still red.

"What'd you blushing about? In here, there's no time for love; only boxing. Now hustle!" Sugilite clapped her back and Garnet stumbled into the gym. Putting the gloves on, Garnet began to hit the punching bag in front of her.
BAM! POW! SMACK!

I think she's cute...

BAM! POW! SMACK!

What is this feeling...?

BOOM! SMACK! KA-POW!

I think...I like her.
---
"Alright, Pearl, I need you to hang up these fliers around town so we can reel in people for our recital." Opal instructed Pearl, shoving a stack of fliers in her arms.

"Of course!" Pearl said, walking out the door. She hung up fliers all around town, in the Big Donut, shops, and street corners. Finally, she had 1 more to hang in Jewel Gym. Pearl took a deep breath and walked into the dark gym. There were people punching punching bags, getting a gulp of their water, or just chatting. All of them were muscular and tall with broken jaws or noses. The only one who was fresh faced was-

"-Garnet!" Pearl trilled, waving at her. Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at Pearl.

"Excuse me, what are you doing here?" A voice behind Pearl growled. She whirled around to find herself face-to-face with Sugilite.

"J-just hanging a flier, ma'am..." Pearl whispered.

"Make it quick and then get the hell out." Sugilite said.

"Of course.." Pearl backed away and walked to the flier board to hang up the flier.

"Ma'am?" A voice asked softly.

"Garnet?" Pearl asked, turning around.

"Yeah. What are you doing?"

"Hanging a flier for our recital...say, of you aren't doing anything, would you like to come?" Pearl asked shyly, handing her the flier. The boxer took it, examining it.

"Mm...I'll see if I can. I might have a match that night." Garnet answered honestly.

"If you can't, I understand." Pearl said sweetly.

"I'll try." Garnet said, blushing.

"G-great! Thank you..." Pearl stammered as she left. Garnet looked at the flier and stuffed it in her pocket.

I'll definitely be there.