Chapter 9- The Stress

As time went by, Garnet was working harder and harder than the other boxers in the gym. The stress was weighing Garnet down but she still worked. But this stress took its toll. Garnet was tired, always tired, weak, a short temper, quiet and loosing weight.

"Garnet, you're working yourself too much..." Pearl told her one day after practice. Garnet sipped her protein shake, looking up at Pearl.

"You need to take a break! You're working yourself to exhaustion!" Pearl said frantically.

"Why do you care?" Garnet asked, glaring at Pearl.

"I'm your friend! You shouldn't be working so hard like this!"

"I shouldn't be working so hard? I shouldn't being working this hard?? Who the fuck are you to talk?! You don't do jack shit to save your fucking job! I'm the only one working for your goddamn job and you're sitting here doing nothing!" Garnet roared. Pearl blinked, her face flushing with anger.

"I work! I organize bake sales, I put up fliers, I'm trying so goddamn hard to save my fucking livelihood and you're accusing me of not working?! Fuck you! Fuck you!" She shrieked, tears falling down her pale face. The two stared at each other, fists curled, their bodies shaking with rage.

"Get out." Pearl whispered.

"Excuse me?" Garnet asked

"Get the fuck out of my apartment!" Pearl screamed.  "Get the fuck out of here and don't come back!" Garnet gathered her things.

"Fuck you, bitch." Garnet spat as she left.

"We're through! I don't want to ever see you again!" Pearl shrieked out the door. As soon as Garnet was out, she began to sob. Garnet walked out of the apartment complex, running home, crying all the while.