Chapter 10-The Grief

Pearl had been sitting alone in her apartment for hours at a time. She couldn't stop crying and thinking about the scenario. It was playing over and over in her head.. as if it was stuck on a loop. None of it really settled with her. For the next 7 days, she had been turning down All calls. Even from Rose. The match had been the only thing on her mind for the longest time, but now it only made her feel sick. The day of the match she had been sitting alone in her former studio. Looking across the street, trying to see Garnet train. Was Garnet really still there? Why would she be? Pearl didn't really know. Opal walks into the studio, and walks over to Pearl to comfort her.

"It's okay. We've done all we can. This match will go just fine!" Opals says, clearly having forgotten about the breakup.

"That's not it! Opal, Garnet used to be doing this for me! But I messed it all up.. and now we aren't even together. It just fucking sucks." Pearl starts to cry. And Opal looks across the street at Garnet. "You can still sew this back up!  The match is in 10 days!! You would have all the time to talk to Garnet!"

"That's a nice thought. But... I don't think I could bring myself to go."
--

Garnet had been punching the pushing bag harder than she every has. She was beginning to cry and it started to get violent.

"Fuck.. FUCK! Why is this happening?!" She yelled.

"WOAH! WOAH, GARNET CHILL!! CHILL OUT" Sugilite had pushed Garnet to the floor and bent down next to her.

"Garnet what's going on? You have to pull yourself together for this match!"

"I can't do that! I fucked it up with the only girl I love and now I look straight up PATHETIC!" Garnet put her head in her hands and sobbed. Sugilite wasn't sure what to do, and pulled Garnet up.

"Just... keep training. I wanna see you winning after the match next week! Maybe that would cheer you up." Sugilite suggested. But that wouldn't work. The only reason she was doing it was because she loved Pearl. But now she thought the feelings where no more mutual.

((Special thanks to @GrandClarity for writing the chapter!))