Chapter 2-Meet Garnet

"Welcome to Jewel Gym! I'm sure you'll fit in," Sugilite said, slapping the boxer on the back.

"Yeah, thanks," Garnet grimaced as Sugilite clapped her on the back. It hurt like hell but she forced a smile on her face.

"I'll go ahead and set up a station for you," she said.

"You do that." Once Sugilite was out of earshot, Garnet groaned and cracked her back. Good god, it felt great. Sugilite was pretty strong. It made Garnet look like a baby.

"Shake it off...shake it off..." Garnet muttered, wiggling slightly. The pain soon melted away and Sugilite came in.

"Alright, everything's set up and your personal trainer is waiting. Any questions?" Garnet shook her head.

"Great. Get your ass in there then!" Sugilite clapped her back again and Garnet stumbled. This was going to be a long day.
--
"Alright, let's break! Go get lunch," Sugilite said, slapping money in Garnet's hand.

"Alright..." The boxer trudged out the door and went to the first shop she saw, which was a donut shop.

"Welcome to the Big Donut, may I take your order?" The employee asked.

"One raspberry donut, one cherry donut and one blueberry donut," Garnet ordered.

"All for yourself?!" He asked, startled.

"Eh, yeah. What didya think?" Garnet asked, annoyed.

"Right away..." He gulped and went to get a bag. She shifted her weight from foot to foot trying to stop the aching. God she hurt. Her trainer worked her to the point of loosing consciousness. But she prevailed.

"Here you go; one raspberry, one cherry, and one blueberry. That'll be-"
"-on the house." Garnet and the employee turned to a short woman who had came out her office.

"Garnet, walk with me." She had motioned to Garnet and she reluctantly did, grabbing the bag.

"How did you-"

"It's me, Amethyst! From the Crystal Gems?"

"Ah, I remember...what are you doing here?"

"I own this business. I'm actually the CEO."

"Really? That's amazing! But, wasn't there another person?"

"Y'mean P? Yeah, she's working at the ballet studio with Miss Opal."

'Was she the girl who was staring at me?'  Garnet wondered silently.

"What are you doing back in Beach City?"

"Got a career in boxing and was offered a scholarship by Sugilite."

"Aww, yeah! She's awesome!"

"Right..." Garnet remembered the hard claps on the back and shivered.

"Anyway, if you want, Pearl and I will be having lunch tomorrow. Stop by if you want."

"Sure, I guess." She shrugged.

"Great! See you then." They shook hands and Garnet left. As she walked back to the gym, she watched the ballet studio. Ten little girls where doing pirouettes and leaping gracefully in the air. Two women were leading them. One of them looked at Garnet and stumbled, blushing a bright blue. Garnet quickly turned and left, shoving the donuts in her mouth. It was go time.