Chapter 6-The Plan

Breaking News! Sparkling Ballet to be demolished in 30 days!
Article by Sardonyx Quartzite
Last night, at a recital at Sparkling Ballet, Alexandrite Pai told Miss Opal Scent that they had to close Sparkling Ballet and it was being demolished in a month. I tried to speak to Miss Scent and Miss Pai for comments, but they refused. This is Sardonyx, signing out.
---
This was bad. Not only was Sparkling Ballet being closed down, Pearl was a wreck. Garnet and Amethyst spent a good 3 days comforting the sad Pearl. But she would just cry more, burying herself in her soft covers. While comforting Pearl on the third day, Garnet realized something. Garnet knew she had to go back to her career. Back to Sugilite slapping her on the back and almost killing her again. She shivered and Pearl made a little squeaky noise.

"Pearl! I, uh, forgot you were here." Garnet said, as Pearl arose from her blankets of soft turquoise.

"S'alright...I kinda fell asleep." Pearl admitted, giggling. Garnet felt her face blush. Her giggle was so cute!

"Uh...I have to go back to the gym...but, do you want to come and, uh, watch me train?" Garnet asked shyly.

"Of course! Just, let me get fixed up..." Pearl gave a sideways grin. Garnet smiled back and let Pearl get up and go to the restroom. Once she was ready, they walked downtown together.

"I'm glad that you and Amethyst were so kind. I...I thought I was going to do something I'd regret..."

"It's okay. We're here for you and we lov-er, I mean, care about you." Garnet stammered. Pearl looked up at Garnet and smiled.

"Here we are. I need to go in real quick. I'll be back." She said and walked inside. Pearl pressed her ear against the glass and she could faintly hear Sugilite talking to Garnet. A hard slap and Garnet grunting. Sugilite laughing and then-

"Well, come on in." Garnet said, opening the door.

"What was that slapping noise?" Pearl asked.

"Sugilite likes to slap people on the back." She explained. Once the pair arrived inside, a short woman came to Garnet. She looked a lot like Ruby to Garnet, but to Pearl, she didn't look familiar.

"There ya are! Time to get training so you can fight against Jasper next week!" She scolded.

"Yes, Scarlet." Garnet agreed.

"Match?" Pearl asked.

"Yeah. Sometimes we go up against each to raise money for travel." Garnet answered, gathering her gear.

"That's really smart." Pearl commented, watching Garnet punch the punching bag. As she watched, the cogs and wheels turned, until...

"I'VE GOT IT!" Pearl suddenly cried out, causing Garnet and Scarlet to jump.

"What?" Garnet asked, looking confused.

"You could fight against someone and raise money to save the studio!"

"Really?! That's genius!" Garnet exclaimed. "So, who would I fight?"

"How about-"

"-me?" The gym fell silent as a tall, muscular woman came up to Garnet. She looked somewhat like Jasper but more intimidating. Her eyes were a brilliant green and her nose was crooked.

"Who are you?" Pearl asked nervously.

"I'm Malachite, the greatest boxer in Beach City. Who the hell are you?"

"Garnet. And I'll take you down!" Garnet challenged, stepping in front of Pearl.

"We'll see about that, puny disgrace!" Malachite roared, ready to hit Garnet.

"Woah, woah, woah! What the fuck are you doing in my gym?" Sugilite suddenly growled.

"Heard this little punk thinks she can kick my ass." Malachite sneered.

"Of course she can! Tell ya what; we'll hold a match on the 30th. If Garnet wins, you have to donate $10,000 dollars to save Sparkling Ballet." Sugilite said.

"What if I win, hmm?"

"You get my gym." The gym gasped collectively.

"Sugilite, you can't! You won't!" Jasper said.

"I fucking will if I want to, Runt!" She said maliciously to Jasper. Then, she turned to Malachite.

"Do we have a deal?"

"Of course. See you on the 30th, dead meat!" Malachite cackled as she left. Once she was gone, all eyes were on Garnet.

"It's up to you, Garnet. If you loose this, I'll fucking end you!" Sugilite warned. Garnet gulped. This was not going to be good.