☾3 | Nerves

"I'll have the finest champagne you have."

Yoongi's eyes flicker uninterestedly away from the nervous waiter, he looks at me signaling for me to take my order of food.

"Oh, uhm I'll have your famous spaghetti, with a side salad please."

I say, reading cautiously off of the menu grasped in my right hand. Despite the warm comforting Yoongi had given me on the way to this dressy restaurant, it was the fact that this is all happening in broad daylight right before my eyes. And while his own amusingly watch mine, I feel trapped between his bold stare and light smirk. This whole situation feels slightly set in place, I find it odd that Yoongi is the literal embodiment of perfect with a hint of sinful delight.

Everything seems to be done just to the brim of perfection, like a glass that's filled to the top, but won't spill because the hand that is grasping the glass is steady. And right now, with his darkening pupils, we both know in absolute certainty, that in fact his hand is the very one holding that delicate glass of water. His normality is what makes me situate in my seat, not with discomfort, no. Because the contrasting softness on his face doesn't make me want to run, but the unease sinks into my skin, and crawls up my spine wondering what will happen on this foggy night.

To my demise, this date couldn't go any better. We are making small talk back and forth, his lips tilting in a generous smile when I let my humor come out, and his body seemingly relaxed as if there's nothing to worry about, and to the normal strangers eye, there is not one thing to worry about at all. But that is exactly what's making my muscles tense on edge, not even eight minutes into our conversation and I can already feel my temples sweating with uncertainty. But when his eyes flash pitch black for just a millisecond and his face goes dead serious, I find my self blinking and shaking my head back and forth in denial, probably just a figment of my imagination.

"Now, down to business."

And I wish I could say my stomach didn't twist with excitement from the mystery drilling into my body and down the curve of my shoulder blades. The conscious screams in my mind are still lingering in the back of my head telling me to get away from him because of who he is, but I push them back without a second thought, too entranced by his serious gaze.

"Actually, we might want to wait for the champagne, your going to need alcohol for this."

The tight glint in his eyes I don't miss, and my mind fizzes in perplexity at his words. As if right on queue, the waiter comes waltzing out of the double doors that lead to the kitchen, efficiently walking up to our table and pouring the champagne in each of our glasses. As soon as the liquid is finished dripping into my glass I grab it and violently gulp the toxin, letting it burn delightfully down my throat and into my chest, wanting to distract myself from the ordeal about to take place. The waiter ogles in surprise from my harsh actions and Yoongi just has a smug look on his face, while in contrast he sips his drink quietly.

After the poor man walks away, that's when Yoongi goes deadpan serious again and I wish that I had something stronger than the drink in-hand.

"This won't sound normal, and it definitely will surprise you. But know that past all the words, I won't ever hurt you."

My stomach goes into tiny knots of anticipation, and I give him a reassuring gaze. Nodding, he reaches his arm down to tug at the handles of the leather briefcase. I had snuck a glance or two on the way here, wondering what was in it; but I guess I'm going to find out. He takes a document out, filled with a reasonable amount of paper. That's what makes my brows crease with confusion, knowing that he's a drug lord, I would've expected him to pull out stacks of money to pay off my secrets or to bribe me into a night of lust. And I can't hesitate to say that I'm a bit dissatisfied with what was inside, I guess I'm just too thirsty for adventure or mystery, my life being a normal, boring, adult woman's life. I'm always deprived of that adventure so many people find early on in their youth. Setting the stack right in front of me on the table, he nods his head being peculiarly silent while ushering me with his movements to read the contract.