Part 7

7 years ago continued :-

"Don't look me longer in the eyes, for even a moment longer would be enough for me to forget you are hers ."

Taking a seat in the last row seemed like the safest option in case I needed a quick and easy escape without many people noticing.
And I am damn sure that I will be running out of here as soon as the vows are taken and they are declared man and wife.

I might be acting strong but I know my charade will be falling soon.

He might question me later about me not sitting in the front rows but I can't tell him the reason behind it ... that there is a huge possibility, I might breakdown in the middle of his wedding. That seeing him get married to someone else is the most painful thing I have ever endured.

Walking down the aisle is his beautiful bride "Jennifer Smith". She is strikingly opposite to me in appearance with a short height of 5' 2", blonde hair, tanned skin and black eyes just like him.

May be I just was not the type of woman he preferred.
Even after being so close to him for ten years, I failed to capture his heart which she managed to do within a year of aquaintance.

As my eyes wander back to Dan, I see him gazing so lovingly at her that it makes me feel sick.
He reaches out his hand for her to take and the ceremony finally begins.

"This is it", I declare in my head.
In that moment I knew he will never find out how much I loved him. I won't tell him as it doesn't matter now ... nor had it ever for this was a one sided love with the possibility of him reciprocating my feelings none.
I can't afford to lose our friendship and I know, me confessing my feelings will only blow out our friendship ... and the pain caused would be more than I find myself capable of enduring.
Well, some things are better left secret and this one probably will remain forever locked in my heart, buried deep in some corner there.

I must have zoned out the whole time because the first thing I hear when I pull back to reality is the priest say, "I now declare you as man and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

My eyes lands on the now wedded couple as I watch him pull her softly towards him as his one hand wraps itself around her waist while the other goes to delicately cup her face ... as he slowly tilts his head meeting his awaiting lips with hers in a long kiss.

And with this all the barriers that I had put with so much effort breaks down into crumbles as tears pool into my eyes and cascade down my face freely.

Before a sob could escape my throat, I hastily stand up ...with my head bowed, shoulders slumped and my dark brown hair falling like curtains on both sides of my face effectively blocking my tear strained face from coming into anyone's view.

Author's Note :-

Thank you for all the support. ♡♡

I very much need that.
So, pls vote and comment on my story :)