Part 15

That night when you struck into me, I didn't know it was the beginning of our long journey together. That night, I was intoxicated and you, fully in your senses. Your face was a blur to me and mine ... trapped in those captivating orbs of yours.

It was 5 o'clock in the evening now, nearly six and a half hours since I fled from office.
I was a lot calmer now but the restlessness refused to go.
I had downed six mugs of coffee since I came back home and now my whole system was high on caffeine.

The fact that I didn't know who was the new boss was killing me. I hated this kind of suspense especially when I am going to be his secretary. God knows what kind of person will he be.

The doorbell rang, breaking my thought process. I opened the door to a fuming Beth. "What have I done now?", I mentally thought of reasons on why she could possibly be angry on me when she was all happy and cheerful in the morning. "What wrong did I do during the day?", as soon as this question struck me, my mouth fell open in shock as all of a sudden the reason struck me. She stormed into the hall, threw her car keys and wallet on the sofa and then turned towards me with both her hands on her waist.
"As far as I know, you must have understood why I am angry on you by now? So, get started with your explanation and justification.", she went straight to the point. "Umm...", I was totally out of words on how to justify my action. It was futile to explain to her because I knew what I did was wrong. "Look, I am really sorry Beth. I totally lost my cool in the office and amidst all of it I forgot to notify you. It didn't cross my mind even once that I have forgotten to inform you. I was completely lost in my own thoughts that it just never came to my mind.", I still tried explaining myself to her, hoping she would understand and forgive me.
"Sorry won't work this time Kate. Do you have any idea how worried I was? I didn't have any idea where you went off and here you were, at your home, relaxing. I have been trying your phone continuously since I came to know that you have left the office in such a hurry after hearing the news about us getting a new CEO. So, care to tell me where have you thrown your mobile phone?", she threw one after another question at me making me even more guilty than before by looking at the worry reflecting on her face for me. She truly was my best friend, no doubt.

"Ok-Ok! I promise I will never repeat this kind of mistake again.", I said pulling her in a hug. "You won't dare to.", she mumbled back, breaking our hug, "Otherwise I will have to give you one more lecture", she jokingly added with a smile.

"Ok, now that everything is clear. What do you want me to do as an apology?", I asked Beth knowing well that she won't let this go so easily.

"Now, that you already know that I need compensation for worrying me so much, we are going to the new club downtown. I have heard that its exotic. After All, we need to celebrate the arrival of our new boss.", Beth said with a lop-sided grin lighting her face.

There was no point arguing with her. Plus, she was right. I needed to relax a little bit and clubbing to me seemed like a good opportunity to do that. "So, what are we waiting for? Lets get ready.", I replied, agreeing with her idea.

An hour and half later, I had showered and was now in a shimmery red backless one piece that ended till my thighs. The entire dress was held by thin strings over my shoulders. My hair was curled at the ends and pinned, leaving it open as it brushed past my waist. I put on dangling black ear loops and bracelets to go with it.

"Are you ready yet, Beth?", I asked shouting from the hall while putting on my black stilettoes.

"Yeah, ready", she answered, hurrying out of the room. "With those smoky eyes, blood red lipstick and this dress, you are set to slay the entire male population of the club tonight", she complimented whistling slyly. "You are looking beautiful Beth.", I complimented back rolling my eyes at her exaggerated comment. I was plain to put simply. There was nothing so special or beautiful about my features. But Beth thought I was just blind to my beauty.

"We are taking a cab because I don't think anyone of us will be sane enough to drive back by the end of the night.", I informed Beth to which she agreed.

In half an hour we were at Club Exotica. It was classy. The lighting and arrangement was simply magnificent. We headed towards the bar section to order our drink.

Five shots later, I was feeling light headed. The alcohol has started showing effect. Many men had already made passes on me which by now had started becoming annoying but Beth seemed to enjoy my irritation as she sat a little far from me, sipping on her drink with an amused expression. I didn't come here to sleep around but to have a enjoy a couple of drinks and dance. I climbed down from my bar stool and pulled Beth with me to the dance floor.

An hour and half later, the alcohol was in full effect as things slowly started to turn hazy, thanks to the drink in my hand. Beth was nowhere to be found on the dance floor. And with the hazy view, it was even more difficult to recognize the faces.

"Maybe she was in the restroom.", with this thought I started making my way towards the restroom hoping to find her there. I wanted to reach home before I completely lost my senses. I had more drinks than I ought to have. I was thinking all this, when I crashed into something hard. The drink dropped from my hand because of the impact and a loud noise of the glass breaking was heard. I tightly closed my eyes as I prepared myself for a similar fall but two strong arms wrapped itself firmly around my waist halting my fall in the middle.
"You can open your eyes now. You are safe.", a husky voice spoke into my ears as his hot breath fell on my neck. The smell of his intoxicating cologne enveloped me as I slowly opened my eyes only to be trapped in his deep, oceanic blue eyes. "Are you alright?", he asked again. Worry crossed his face as he waited for my response. "Yeah", I responded meekly, dazed by the godly handsome man holding me. Though his face was a blur, I could say he was the most handsome man I had ever laid eyes on. Those eyes were captivating. He slowly helped me up, retracting his hands from my waist. My eyes landed on his spoiled suit because of my drink. "I am so sorry. I didn't see you coming my may.", I started apologizing for his ruined suit. "Its ok. You didn't do it on purpose." He cut me off with a nod. "Atleast I can get out of this place now.", he muttered lowly under his breath but I caught it. Before I could question him what he meant by that, he was gone.

I found Beth in the restroom as assumed. We hailed a cab back to my apartment. After paying the cab driver, we took lift to the eleventh floor ie my floor. My legs were unsteady as I wobbled to my bedroom after unlocking the apartment door. My feet hurt from all the dancing I had done as I threw my clutch and stilettoes in some corner and fell flat on my cozy bed not bothering to change into something comfortable. Beth followed soon after and we both soon drifted off to our respective dreamland.

Author's Note:-

Guys, Please comment. I need to know your views. Please post your thoughts. I would love to hear from you. By the way its the longest chapter by far. ♡