Part 17

The more I try to go far from you, the more you pull me closer to yourself.
What is this connection we share?... I don't know.
One moment I hate your mere existence and the other moment I am ready to take a bullet for you.

I stormed back to my cabin, beyond frustrated. The whole event of yesterday night flashed back into my mind. That man had the nerve to humiliate me like that on the first meet, oh sorry, second meet. Who would believe that he was the same man who behaved like a gentleman at the club, the previous night?

I looked at the huge pile of folders lying on my desk and then at the table clock which showed 1pm. My stomach growled, making me regret the idea of skipping breakfast. Arriving late by fifteen more minutes wouldn't have made any difference in the behaviour of that arrogant man anyways.

I thought of ordering pizza as going out for lunch didn't seem to be a bright idea when I had a deadline to meet. Luckily, Pizza was delivered in 30 minutes. Wasting no time, I took a slice, relishing the burst of flavours in my mouth. My phone rang, snapping me out of my daze. I knew who would be calling at this time.

''Hey babe! Did you get to meet the new boss? Is he some oldie or a handsome hunk? ", the very familiar voice chirped from the other end. ''Beth, Did you call me to just ask if our new boss is good looking or not?", I asked her not at all shocked at the question. He surely was good looking but I was not telling her that. He was aggravating and rude and that's what mattered. "I don't want to talk about him right now. I will tell you everything once I come back home. Right now, I have a deadline to meet so I need to get back to work.", I added. I was in no mood to talk about him. Already he had ruined my day. "Okay! Talk to you later", came Beth's reply. I cut the call and proceeded to take another slice of Pizza when my eyes landed on the man leaning against the door with his hands folded over his chest.

He glanced at his wrist watch and then at the pile of folders remaining on my desk. "Done partying Miss Kate or there is some more gossip left? It's two and I still see more than half of the folders lying on your desk.", came the same taunting tone from the morning. "I was just...", "I don't think I pay you for this Miss Kate. I can't tolerate slacking employees in my company", he cut me off before I could even finish my sentence. This man was intolerable.

"I won't leave the office premises before completing all my work. You will have all the reports on your desk by the end of the day", I responded calmly though I was anything but calm on the inside. "Well you need not worry about that at all Miss Kate because you won't be allowed to leave the office premises before you handover the reports to me", he replied smirking arrogantly before turning around and walking himself out of my cabin.

Hey guys long time no see! How are you all? Hope you all are safe. What do you think of this chapter? Please do give your feedback in the comments section.

Love you all❤️