Part 9

7 years ago continued :-

"The pain of my heartbreak has robbed me of my dignity.
And I am now forced to find solace in a stranger's arms."

Running down the streets, crying heavily, in a dress and freaking 4 inches louis vuitton heels was something I never imagined myself doing but it seems that I was horribly wrong ... because I just did that.

Thats why I dreaded going to his wedding. I knew something like this was bound to happen.

Passer-by were looking at me as if I was a crazy person. Though I don't blame them because I was sure that I looked like one.

But what can I do?
Things got out of my hand. I couldn't control my emotions. They broke through my facade and started to suffocate me. I needed to escape. The heart can't stand being in the damned venue any longer.

Looking around the unknown place I have ran to, I notice a pub across the street.

Getting drunk was the last option on my to-do list, knowing that I had a flight to catch tonight. And suffering from hangover on flight was something I was not ready for. It would only add to my countless misery.

But despite knowing all this I couldn't withold myself. The pub was calling my name. I was hopeful that I would be able to find distraction for myself.

Smoothing my dress and wiping away the stray tears, I made my way inside the pub ... ready to put my plan into action.

****************************
2 hours later :-

I was totally spent now. The whole room smelled of sex and sweat. My whole body was aching from the rigorous workout it had done in the past hours.

Glancing at the side-clock, it was nearly half past four in the evening now.
I looked at the man beside me ... fast asleep, probably because of our intense session.

I carefully removed myself from his bed, not wanting to wake him.
Wrapping a sheet around my bare body, I tip-toed all across the room, searching for my clothes that were thrown all around the room carelessly ... during the moment of passion.

When I was finally fully dressed, I searched for a notepad and a pen in the stranger's room.
Finally finding it, I wrote a small note apologising to him for my sudden, uninformed departure.

His name was Sam. I met him in the pub two hours ago and landed here, in his house for the business I have been planning for myself since that wet dream.

He was not bad. He had managed to distract me for nearly two hours and I was thankful to him for doing so.
It had made me forget all about Dan ... even if for few hours. It still helped.
But now that it is over, reality is sinking with much greater force. Guess, I can't hide for long. I will have to face the truth sooner or later.

Leaving the note at the side-table, I took my clutch and silently made my way out of his house.

Author's Note :-

I hope you all will like this part. I would love to know your views.

Cover credit goes to Itsjennab ♡♡