Chapter 4)

Ivypaw struggled to sit up, fire burned through her whole body causing her to cry out in pain.

The smell of herbs and blood drifted into her nose making her feel sick. She heard soft whispers from around her echoing in the emptiness.

Ivypaw slowly opened her eyes and looked around, she was in the ThunderClan medicine den.

She thought for sure she would've been dead.

Leafpool's silky pelt shimmered from the sunlight drifting into the den.

She gave Ivypaw a concerned look before padding up to her side. "How are you feeling?" She murmured, worry shone in her eyes.

Ivypaw blinked and tried to move herself again, slower this time as not to put pressure on her paws.

She sat up and delicately lifted her paws, checking to see if she could stand up. She cringed as pain throbbed in her throat.

She opened her mouth to speak, "Fine." She meowed in a scratchy voice.

Hunger made her belly growl.

Leafpool gave her a sympathetic look, "You shouldn't put too much pressure on your teeth by chewing."

She turned to look out of the den, "Jayfeather! Bring me some water soaked moss for Ivypaw!" She called.

Ivypaw twitched her tail, most of the pain was in her throat and her front paw.

Jayfeather padded into the medicine cat den with a dripping wet pile of moss in his jaws. His blue sightless eyes looked right at her and he walked up to her like he could see.

He dropped the moss in front of her, water splashed her paws and she shivered.

Jayfeather flicked his tail, "Leafpool, can I talk to Ivypaw alone for a minute?" He meowed.

His eyes moving from Ivypaw's, Leafpool shot Ivypaw a curious look. Ivypaw blinked at her in answer.

Leafpool grabbed some herbs in her jaws before exiting the den. As soon as she was out of earshot, Jayfeather sat in front of Ivypaw, his pelt mere inches from hers.

She shivered and resisted the urge to curl up into a ball in the corner of the den. His breath billowed around her and she looked at her paws.

Jayfeather tilted his head, leaning his head forward he whispered, "Are you okay?"

Ivypaw gave him a surprised look and Jayfeather could sense what she felt.

"Yeah." She mumbled.

Jayfeather shook his head and closed his mesmerizing blue eyes.

"I don't mean physically. I mean emotionally. Even though I was unconscious I heard everything."

His eyes flew open, anger filled his heart and he dug his claws into the soft Earth. His eyes held determination when he stared into hers, she felt as if he could see her.

"Don't believe him! Don't trust him." He growled, his lips curled back into a snarl.

Ivypaw flinched and Jayfeather put his tail on her shoulder, his eyes softening.

"I know you love him with all your heart, but you can't trust him. He tried to kill Firestar and he puts himself before anyone else."

He pushed his muzzle into her side and their pelts brushed together sending tingles through her whole body. Why does this feel so weird? He's related to me, I can't like him! Ivypaw thought.

She pulled away and flattened her ears in embarrassment.

"I know." She mewed quickly.

She looked at her paws even though he couldn't see her.

Jayfeather rolled his eyes and stalked out of the den, leaving Ivypaw staring where he was just sitting, wondering what just happened.

Leafpool padded into the medicine den seeing Ivypaw staring in shock at the ground. She narrowed her eyes and trotted up to her.

"Are you sure you're okay?" She murmured putting her tail on Ivypaw's flank.

Ivypaw shook her head to clear it, and looked up at Leafpool.

"Hmm?" She mumbled with a far away look in her eyes.

Leafpool rolled her eyes and put two poppy seeds in front of her.

"Eat these" She mewed touching her nose to it.

"You need to rest" She used her tail to scoot them closer.

Ivypaw looked down at the seeds and blinked.

"Okay..." She sighed.

She bent her muzzle down and lapped up the seed with her tongue.

She settled down in the feather lined nest with heavy eyes. Leafpool touched noses with Ivypaw before slipping out of the den.

"I'll bring you some food when you wake up" She whispered.

Ivypaw's eyes grew heavy with sleep and she curled her tail around herself, the tip of it touching her nose.

Her jaws stretched wide in a yawn and her breathing became slower as she drifted off to sleep.

The end of chapter 4! Thank you so much for reading this! Find out what happens next in chapter 5! Lol I'm not very good with ending speeches.