Chapter 5) Unexpected

Ivypaw shifted her paws and glanced up at the orange tom. Firestar had called a clan meeting and beckoned her forward with the flick of his tail. She stared in awe as his gentle gaze landed on her and she stepped closer.

His green eyes brimmed with amusement he lifted his muzzle for the clan cats to hear him.

"I Firestar leader of ThunderClan call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand your noble code and I commend her to be made a warrior in her turn.

"Ivypaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and protect and defend this clan. Even at the cost of your life?" His meow echoed in authority through the camp.

Ivypaw's jaw dropped and she quickly shook herself, fear clung to her pelt and she forced herself to raise her head and look at the clan cats dead on. "I do" Her voice rang clearly through the camp.

Firestar blinked down at the ambitious she-cat. "Then by the power of StarClan, I give you your warrior name, from this day on you will be known as Ivypool. StarClan honors your determination and strength." He finished.

Firestar looked into her round eyes and stifled a laugh. Ivypool blinked and shook herself, feeling heat rise in her fur. She stepped forward and Firestar rested his muzzle on her head. Ivypool licked his shoulder in response.

As she stepped back the clan yowled her warrior name to the stars, as if telling StarClan of the ceremony. "Ivypool! Ivypool! Ivypool!" The clan cheered. She felt her face brighten and she ducked her head to give her chest a few licks.

As the clan cats separated the she-cat leaped from the ledge and onto the soft Earth. Dovewing, her sister, padded up to her side and pushed her muzzle into the newest warriors side. "Congratulations sis!" She mewed.

Ivypool shifted her paws and avoided her sisters gaze. "yeah" She mumbled. She caught sight of a gray tabby tom with dazzling blue eyes. She flicked her ears and blinked, "I'm going... hunting." She meowed.

Dovewing narrowed her green eyes, her pale gray coat bristled as Ivypool brushed past her. She watched as Ivypool padded up to the ThunderClan medicine cat.

Ivypool's heart lifted when she saw Jayfeather. She padded up to his side and pressed her pelt against his. "I'm a warrior now!" She purred. Jayfeather spun around, his sightless blue eyes flashed in anger.

He let out a breath of air and sat down facing Ivypool. "Cool" He meowed through gritted teeth. Ivypool blinked and quickly reminded herself that Jayfeather was just a cranky tom at heart.

She flicked her ears and tilted her head. "What are you doing?" She mewed. Jayfeather's tabby tail lashed and he stood back up.

He snorted, "Trying to save cats lives, we need catmint from the abandoned two-leg place." He snapped. "Leaf-bare is near and with it comes whitecough, which can turn into greencough." He headed towards the camp entrance.

Ivypool closed her eyes before running after him. "I can help!" She meowed a little too cheerfully. Jayfeather turned to glare at her before letting out a sigh of defeat.

He started headed towards the two-leg place, "Fine" He grunted over his shoulder. Happiness rushed through Ivypool's pelt as she followed him out.

Chapter 6 is almost out! Thanks for reading! Comment and vote for more!