『Day Five』

Day Five

I didn't see much of Tomohisa during school hours. I was surprised to see that he did show up for book club. He smiles at me as he walks in. He looked his usual pretty self with his soul capturing smile.

I noticed that Shizuka was even surprised that he would be showing up. She smiles at him, and his smile grew to be a sad one. I was jealous. He still had feelings for her.

"Good seeing you here Tomo. It has been a while." She says as she approached him.

"It has been."

"So who's the girl this week?" She smirks.

"No one." He says calmly.

I was hurt. I felt a sting to my chest. He basically called me 'no one' like I was nothing. He could of said me, and she would of laughed. I would of much rather preferred that then simply being called a 'no one' by Tomo.

"I see. Have you stopped your habits? You should just let the right one come to you instead of pursuing them like this." She smiles.

"They do approach, and come to me. I don't ask out anyone." He replies.

"Ah I see." She giggles. "You sure are popular."

"I wouldn't say popular." He scratches his head. "I'll see you." Tomo leaves Shizuka, and walks over to me with a smile.

I looked away, trying to hide the fact that I had just heard all that. He clearly thinks I'm a nobody.

"Is something wrong?"

"No."

"I'm sorry. I should be honest right?" He said it as if he could read my mind. Was this man not only perfect, but a psychic as well?

"It's okay. I mean it doesn't matter." I tried to play it off.

"I only keep it from her because I know she will criticize no matter who it is. She has done it to multiple girls I've dated before. I don't want her to insult you." He bows. "I truly mean that. Please believe me."

I couldn't be angry with him. He was quite cute with the way he acts. I chuckled. "I am not angry. I believe you."

"Oh? Thank you Sono. You are the best."

My heart skipped a beat. I'm the best? The way he said it was so loving. I couldn't explain it, but it made me like him a bit more. No! Sono no! Don't like him. It's ending soon. I kept making a mental note to myself that this relationship will end really soon.

We all gathered in a circle, and talked about a new thriller that we've been reading. It was about a little girl that got abandoned in a car, and was left in the middle of the highway alone. I specifically watched if Tomo would look at Shizuka. He didn't look at her once. I was shocked.

My eyes couldn't leave Tomohisa throughout the whole discussion. I hoped to god no one saw me.

======

Tomo looked at me after the book club meeting was over. He smiles sweetly. "I saw you staring at me." He chuckles.

I started blushing. "Well I was just curious to see how you acted in the club. I never really payed attention to you before." I looked away, hoping he didn't know the real reason why I was staring at him. He was just so beautiful.

"Oh? Well I act pretty normal. No funny business." He laughs.

"Can I ask you something personal if I hadn't already?" I wanted to confront him on his feelings for Shizuka.