『Day Six』

Day Six

I held my breath. My hands were sweaty, and my lips were quivering. Tomo looked at me with a blank expression. His lips curled up slightly, and he smiles.

"That's so sweet." He replies.

"I g-guess.." I looked away nervously. I figured he wouldn't say he loves me back. That would be an impossible thing to do for someone like him.

"Why do you love me?" He asked which had caught me off guard.

I calmed my nerves, and spoke. "Well you are very kind. You listen. You try. I think anybody, man or woman, would want a partner like that."

"Really?"

"Yes. It isn't about looks. Personality is what stays till the very end."

He looks off to the side. "I see. You are correct Sono. You are wiser than I had thought. Most men aren't that bright." He smirks.

"You are right. We aren't the brightest creatures, and that's why we need women sometimes, but in the end, we are of the same breed. Male or female, we both have a purpose. We want to love, and be loved. We want to live life." I didn't know what I was rambling on. I was highly nervous at this point.

"Gender isn't the same silly boy. That is why there are gay, bi, and straight people." He says calmly.

"I suppose."

"Sono, would you really love a man the same way you would love a woman?" He looks at me, and our eyes interlocked.

"Well...I do much prefer a girlfriend if I had to be honest, but at this point, I'm happy with whatever I can get." I smiled.

"I see. That is a good thinking process. Please keep that mindset."

"I really like you Tomohisa. I'm sure many girls have told you the same nonsense, and I'm one of the many. Except I am a guy. It must be disgusting for you. I sincerely apologize." I bowed. I felt my heart breaking even before he could properly dump me.

"I hear it a lot..." He says sluggishly. "I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure how to reply."

"Do you remotely even like me a bit?" I decided to ask. I must of sounded pathetic.

"Partially yes. Your mind intrigues me." He smiles slightly. "I'm not really sexually or mentally attracted to men, so I have a hard time adjusting."

"I know. I know I am not the most handsome or smart or anything. I am pretty lame." I sighed.

"You aren't. You are different...very different."

"Is that good?"

"Mhm yes." He nods.

"Sorry if I'm making things awkward now." I couldn't face him.

"It's only awkward if you personally make it. I don't think it is."

"Because you got used to this." I laughed.

"Not from a guy. I only had one guy confess to me, and I gave it a shot." He looks down.

"Who?" I was actually curious, and wanted to know.

"His name was Jin. I was a lot younger than he was. This was a while ago when I was thirteen."

"Wow..." I didn't know what to think. It came to a shock.

"He was twenty-three at the time when we tried things out." He looked bothered as he spoke.

"What happened?"

"I realized I didn't like men." He laughs. "They are dumb creatures that just want to show off their partners. He used me for my money since he knew my parents were pretty decent with money."