『Day Nine』

Day Nine

I woke up around ten. I looked to my right, and saw that the futon was made nicely. Next to the futon was Tomo playing on his phone. I smiled looking at him. He was so into that silly mobile game that he didn't even noticed me waking up.

His eyes looked up, and he blinks nervously. "O-oh good morning! I didn't see you getting up!"

"Good morning." I smiled. "It's okay. I really think you're cute just playing your game."

His face grew pink. "Really now? That is a first I've heard that." He chuckles.

"I like seeing people be passionate or hype about things. Makes them seem human, and capable of loving something."

"I suppose so." He tilts his head. "What do you like?"

"I like food." I got red. "But I want to work out, and lose weight. I've made that my goal. After these ten days, I will try my best to live a healthier life."

"Why the sudden motivation?" He smiles.

"Simple. God has blessed me with having you for these ten days. I have to say I'm lucky. I know you didn't even like guys, but you stepped out of your comfort zone to be with me. I know God loves me." I smiled like an idiot.

He looks at me with gentle eyes. He didn't say anything, but his eyes said it all. He enjoyed my words. I was happy yet sad. Today is day nine. At least I got the chance to wake up to his adorable face.

======

We got out of the house by twelve. Tomo said he wanted to spend the day with me. We skipped school for the second day now. I was amazed that neither one of us mentioned school. I liked that.

"Sono can I ask you a question?" He asked me as we were on the train.

"Anything you like!" I smiled.

"If you had a girlfriend, how would you treat her?"

I wasn't sure why he asked that. Maybe he's asking me for advice on his next girlfriend. I felt that sad feeling in the pit of my stomach again.

"Well I would compliment her, and remind her everyday why I adore her. I will be her shoulder to cry on, and spoil her occasionally with gifts."

"So do you like guys more or girls more after this experience?" He stares at me from the corner of his orbs.

I thought about it. I didn't have a clear cut answer. I never knew how it felt like to have a girlfriend, but I know how a boyfriend is kinda.

"Well I will say I prefer guys more right now. That is only because I still never had a girlfriend so I can't compare." I chuckled nervously hoping my answer won't disgust him.

He looks away. He didn't really seem to be pleased with my answer. Maybe he is disgusted by me. Maybe he's upset because he doesn't want me to like him still.

"Does it bother you?" I asked.

"No. I just feel bad because people will make fun of you liking guys more. I wouldn't want that for you."

"I don't care. I already get made fun of. One more reason to pick on me won't hurt me. I've learned to accept life as it is. It isn't about them, it is about me, and my happiness. They can't change my lifestyle. They have no say so no worries Tomo." I snickered. He's cute for worrying about such petty things.

"You're very strong. I wouldn't be able to do it." He looks out the window.

"You don't need to. Everyone likes you. You are in shape, popular, handsome, and rich."