『Day Ten』

Day Ten

I left the house early, and noticed the sky was dark. It looked like it was going to rain today. The rain often indicates a bad day. I sighed, and dragged my feet to the pond.

I tightened the buttons on my jacket. The wind blew heavier than usual. It almost felt like a hurricane will emerge from this quiet town. This didn't help my anxiety at all from what will happen.

======

Upon reaching the park, I noticed it was deserted. It was expected anyway. I didn't get why Tomo would choose this area for our final day. I couldn't understand this man.

"Sono." I heard his familiar voice from a distance. He was sitting on the swings. He gets up, and signals me to follow him. I started walking behind him slowly. He walked at a decent pace to the nearby pond. There was a huge blossom tree with a bench under. It was a pretty secluded area. There was no one else around as expected. Tomo sat down, and I did as well.

"Are you still mad?" I asked.

"No."

"Day ten is today."

"I know." He nods.

"What do you wish to tell me today?" I tried to be brave. I tried to muster up the courage to not break down. I am a man. I must.

"I..." He gets up. His face scrunched up in discomfort. "I can't." He starts running away.

I quickly got up, and chased him. No way was I letting him get away today. Not today. Not ever...

Tomohisa ran, and ran. He ran pretty quick compared to me. I couldn't follow him at a desirable distance, but I made sure to keep up. Somehow he ran to the edge of a mountain. He stopped immediately as his feet hits the rocks at the ledge.

"Careful Tomo!" I yelled out.

He turns around slowly, and the rain started pouring. Hard. 

"This is hard...." His eyes sadden.

"What is?" I slowly walked closer.

"Doing this over, and over. Getting rejected."

"What are you talking about?" I tried to be calm. Tomo being on the edge kept me on edge. I didn't want him to fall.

"This is how everything ends." His eyes grew red like he was crying. The rain masked his tears well.

"I won't go if you keep me here." I stared at him dead on.

"You say that now."

"Tell me what you have to tell me. I will take anything you tell me!" I pleaded.

"I've dated many girls in my lifetime. However I never got intimate with them...."

"Okay?"

He bit down on his lip. "The reason I'm not a virgin is because I've only gotten intimate with the guy I told you about."

My stomach turned. He seemed so disgusted by me asking him if he had done it with a guy. Tomo is a mystery. "I don't care! I won't judge! Look at where we are now!"

His sad eyes fixated on mine. "I liked it. I liked him. I liked having a boyfriend. I didn't like girls. I still feel I don't. I try to date girl after girl to change myself. The only reason Shizuka stood out was because she understood me after we broke up. All the other girls get disgusted by me, and acts as if they don't know me. It hurts. I actually wanted a girlfriend, but the way they are towards me after knowing my secret hurts me." He covers his face.