『Day Seven』

Day Seven

I heard a knocking on my front door so I quickly sprinted to get there. I knew it was Tomohisa. I took one final glance at my room before I went to open the door. It was clean enough. I did that lazy man thing where I shoved most of my junk in my closet. I am not the only one right?

I opened the door slowly, and Tomo's smiling face was in front of me.

"Hey Sono, I bought some custard buns for us." He held out the white plastic bag.

"Thank you! Come in." I escorted him inside, and he took off his shoes. He was pretty polite even around me. I normally stroll in with my shoes, and my parents would give me a lecture about it.

"You have a nice place." He looks around.

"It isn't me. My parents are the decor gods. I am just me." I shrugged.

"Yes, but I'm sure you inspired them to decorate this house." He smiles.

"Possibly. Do you want a drink?"

"Sure." He smiles. "What do you have?"

"Water, soda, tea. You name it."

"Tea would be good. It will go well with the custard buns."

"Okay!" I walked to the kitchen to fetch him a cup of tea, and a plate for the buns. I felt a heavy aura around me. Today is day seven already. Time is flying by like no tomorrow. It makes me sad.

I walked over to him, and he thanks me. "Sit." He says. I sat next to him, and turned on the television. Some cartoon was playing. We both weren't interested in it whatsoever, but it served as good background noise.

"Tell me about your childhood." I decided to ask. Might as well milk the information outta him while I still can.

He looked down at the bag. He didn't seem to favor the subject much. "My childhood was alright."

"You sure?"

"It wasn't ideal."

"Tell me. I won't judge."

"My parents wanted me to be a certain way. I couldn't fulfill their wishes at the time." He rubs his palms together. "They wanted me to be the son they wanted. They wanted me to be strong, and do some martial arts class, but I didn't want to. Everyday they lectured me about the same thing. The lectures, and verbal abuse made me closed off from the world."

I didn't know what to say. I thought his childhood was going to be crystal perfect, but in all reality, mine was even better.

"Eventually I got a job at some supermarket, saved up, and moved away from my parents. They eventually found out, and forced me back into the house." He looks away. "I'm not too comfortable with discussing further more since it is just depressing." He lets out a big sigh.

"Aren't you at least happy with how popular you've became?"

"No."

"Ah.."

"Can I be honest Sono?" He looks up at me with dark eyes.

"Sure." I nodded.

"I lied about Shizuka. I didn't love her as much really. She was just like any other girl. The only reason I favored her above the rest is because...she has been the closest to me by far, and she stayed loyal in keeping secrets."

I didn't know how to feel. In a way I was relived because it meant she wasn't his ideal, and that she was like any other girl. At the same time, he was closest to her over everyone. There was no way I could beat that.