three

-but he always manages to make it up to me and i can't hate him anymore-

The words seemed to crawl across the paper as Paisley wrote every negative emotion that she was feeling down. Angry words were directed towards Luke and towards Valentina and some even towards herself.

She could've told Luke a long time ago. It would've ruined their friendship but still. He wouldn't be dating Valentina is she had.

Valentina was cold and manipulative and so fucking obnoxious. Paisley felt like ripping her extensions out every time she saw the fake-black-haired-bitch.

She didn't even like Luke. She was using him and had made it very apparent on many occasions when she would brag to her friends when Luke wasn't around. Paisley despised her and didn't see what Luke saw in her.

It was so simple that you couldn't trust Los Angeles non-natives that changed as soon as they entered the city. All the girls were filled with plastic and enjoyed eating stale kale. They liked fast cars and money. Not actual people. They were bad with relationships with other humans and perfected the art of hurting the people they called their best friends. They were all deceitful and found it entertaining to play games with another person's mind.

Paisley was so glad that she wasn't one of them. She tried to stay as humble as possible and she did it well. She didn't see the point in being materialistic. It didn't get anyone anywhere.

The brunette signed her name neatly at the bottom of her entry and proceeded to close the worn purple-leather binds that kept the scribble pages together.

There were ranges in Paisley's writings; telling the horror stories of her bad days, the few tears that landed on the thick pages as she laughed at one of her, and finally pages where teenage angst got to the best of her and she'd complain about Valentina and how she was taking advantage of the love of her life.

She cared so deeply about her best friend and it hurt her to see him with someone so horrible.

Paisley closed the smooth leather binds and placed the worn out book onto the table next to her couch. It seemed as if something was working in her favor because she soon heard someone knock on her apartment door. She didn't even have a second before the door peeked open, making the girl jump a bit from being startled, when she saw Luke's head pop in. 

The small girl relaxed slightly when she saw her best friend but she was still on edge. They hadn't talked in four days, Paisley purposely ignoring his calls and his messages. She made it purposeful that he knew that she was hanging out with the others but not with him. He walked in and the small girl took into account the loose sweatpants that hugged his hips, a grey hoodie and the baggy t-shirt that she had bought him during their last year of high school. He had left before graduation and she had made sure to grab him one of the shirts before she went to visit him in L.A. the week after. Paisley didn't think that he still owned it but was proven otherwise. 

She was surprised that it still fit him since he had gotten so broad since when he was sixteen years old.

"Hi Pais," Luke said softly, noticing his best friend's cold glare in his direction. She had every right to be mad at him but he just prayed that she would forgive him. He had tried to come back but Valentina started throwing up from drinking so much and was complaining  and he wasn't about to leave her alone.

He didn't like that she always seemed drunk but Valentina was his girlfriend and he was just going to have to accept it.

"Nice to see you finally came back," Paisley said. Her words with laced with a strong bitter tone and Luke knew he had fucked up horribly.

"Four days later," she then added.

"I'm so sorry, Pais. You know I wouldn't mean to. You know how Valentina can get sometimes," Luke said softly. He shrugged off the grey sweatshirt he was wearing and tossed it onto the marble counter. He grabbed the plastic bag he had been carrying and walked over to the couch where Paisley was sitting.

Paisley watched as Luke made his way over and flopped down onto her couch and moved her legs so that they were resting on his thighs. 

"Sometimes? More like all the time," the girl murmured. Valentina was known in their group of friends for almost never being sober. Paisley could barely stand the girl when she was sober and hated her even more when she was drunk. She didn't hate the girlfriend because she was dating her love but she hated her because Valentina was a manipulative bitch that took others down to get what she wanted. Fame.

"Hey, she's still my girlfriend. I didn't shit talk Dylan when you were dating him and he literally called you the wrong name about four times when he was high as hell," Luke commented, pinching his best friends thigh. 

"That was different. He got high maybe ten times in our relationship of a year and Valentina hasn't been sober since you started dating," Paisley said softly, staring directly into his eyes so that maybe her words would get across. She had told him a few times that she didn't like Valetina but it always resulted in some type of fight.

Luke pinched the bridge of his nose and exhaled deeply. He came to apologize, not fight.

"Whatever. I came to hang out with you and apologize. Not fight. I bought a gallon of cookie dough ice cream and figured we could bitch to each other about the new NCIS episode and eat the ice cream," Luke said calmly, more relaxed than what Paisley would've expected.

"Do you want me to get bowls and spoons?" Paisley asked and Luke snorted.

The duo were famous for buying huge amounts of ice cream and eating it out of the container. It had become tradition whenever the one of them was sad or that they needed to apologize. Luke reached into the bag and grabbed out two giant, metal spoons. He had a giant cheesy grin on his face and Paisley mimicked her best friend. 

He always could do something stupid and for some reason Paisley would be okay with it. She cared so deeply for him and it hurt.

***

I have finals so I won't be updating much until next Saturday. This physically hurt me to write though.

-malumwritings